Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Ritterkreuz"Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross...

Article about: by Adrian Can you repost your pics the right way up please? I'm not sure how they flipped around.

?

Default "Ritterkreuz"Knight's FAKER ...

Stamped L/12 and the loop stamped 950 or 935 (can't remember at the moment)
    Opinions please.... these were the best pics I could take. Ohhh one last thing the weight is approx 22gr + ...
    Thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Ritterkreuz"Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross...   "Ritterkreuz"Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross...  

"Ritterkreuz"Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross...   "Ritterkreuz"Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross...  

"Ritterkreuz"Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross...   "Ritterkreuz"Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross...  

Last edited by Lowboy; 11-01-2011 at 04:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Ritterkreuz"Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: "Ritterkreuz"Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross...

Not an original and definitely not by Juncker. Take a look at page two on this thread to see an original L/12 and compare with the above.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Nothing like a Juncker

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I'm not a ritterkreuz expert, but I am sure Juncker wouldn't put out a piece of junk like this! Look at how the '1' kind of disappears into the frame!

?

When I saw this yesterday ... The first thing that threw me .. was the weight.. "light" compared to others I have held.. I dropped it off with an expert yesterday and posted it here for all of your opinions.. "just in case" .. He had a look at it this morning .. and confirmed it is indeed a 1960's faker... thank you as well for your comments... it's always good to show the know fakers I believe... no?

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I'm not a ritterkreuz expert, but I am sure Juncker wouldn't put out a piece of junk like this! Look at how the '1' kind of disappears into the frame!
    Its hard to see in pics... but there is damage to the frame on both sides .. the 1 is good .. underneath the damage and rust. thats why I gave it a slight chance of being good .. this fake has age to it.

?

Quote by Lowboy View Post
    Its hard to see in pics... but there is damage to the frame on both sides .. the 1 is good .. underneath the damage and rust. thats why I gave it a slight chance of being good .. this fake has age to it.
    It's always good to see fake awards as well as the good ones, they're a useful reference tool. Don't forget, fakes are often aged artificially to give them the extra selling point. You can find fakes that were made yesterday looking 70 years old, you can find 70 year old items looking like they were made yesterday. Looking old is not a defining factor in determining originality, merely a factor to be considered.

?

2 good ones and the faker!!!
    Thanks for all the help!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Ritterkreuz"Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross...   "Ritterkreuz"Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross...  

"Ritterkreuz"Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross...  

?

TO CLARIFY.. The fake one was brought to a shop for authentication... I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE. I was allowed to borrow the fake one to get it authenticated.

?

Can you repost your pics the right way up please?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast