Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 Deschler Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass , real or not ?

Article about: Hello forum i'm new here , on this site so bare with me my incoming mistakes . first i wold like to say that you are doing a grate job here many thanks for all the useful info i got for my c

Default 1939 Deschler Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass , real or not ?

1939 Deschler Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass , real or not ?1939 Deschler Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass , real or not ?1939 Deschler Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass , real or not ?1939 Deschler Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass , real or not ?
    Hello forum i'm new here , on this site so bare with me my incoming mistakes . first i wold like to say that you are doing a grate job here many thanks for all the useful info i got for my collecting hobby .
    OK down to business, i need some help concerning the authenticity of this 1939 ww2 iron cross . the dimensions are OK, 44 mm both sides , what concerns me is : the marking ( atypical, 1, ) and the overall finish of the metal casing , it doesn't have that silver plated look .
    Tudor
    Last edited by Adrian; 11-12-2011 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Deschler Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass , real or not ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1939 Deschler first class iron cross , real or not ?

The date and the fat maker mark '1' worries me a bit but I have seen different sizes of '1' on Deschlers. Pin shape and hinge look ok
    Some one will confirm soon

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

tanks for the opinion Stickgrenade , indeed the date is a little bit funky , it has a strange alignment almost seems like it's a bit tipped on one side , and another strange thing about it is that on the back it has these fine horizontal grooves from top to bottom ( you can see it top side in the back photo ).

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    The date and the fat maker mark '1' worries me a bit but I have seen different sizes of '1' on Deschlers. Pin shape and hinge look ok
    Some one will confirm soon

Nick
    That is maybe where someone has tried to clean it. Welcome to the forum by the way

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

tanks

?

Quote by tudorjuc View Post
    another strange thing about it is that on the back it has these fine horizontal grooves from top to bottom ( you can see it top side in the back photo ).
    I noticed those too. Could be artificial ageing or just cleaning but as Nick says, wait for other views first. Personally, I am not sure about it because as stated above, that date doesn't look good, its very crooked. The "1" can vary, a brief search just now can highlight that.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Welcome to the forum!

?

hello
    it 's fake

ouch!!

?

Default Re: 1939 Deschler Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass , real or not ?

Hi Tudor and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately I agree with Fabri, the cross above is a fake. It does not match known original Deschler EK1s. The dates, the frame, the reverse hardware are wrong for this maker.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: 1939 Deschler Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass , real or not ?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hi Tudor and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately I agree with Fabri, the cross above is a fake. It does not match known original Deschler EK1s. The dates, the frame, the reverse hardware are wrong for this maker.
    Hi Adrian

What are your observations on the hardware?
    Here are a couple of genuine Deschlers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Deschler Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass , real or not ?   1939 Deschler Eisernes Kreuz 1st klass , real or not ?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast