Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse.. Any Opinions?

Article about: Hoping someone can help me with this 1939 Iron Cross First Class Medal. The mechanism that hold the medal on the uniform slips out of the hook mechanism, so that would lead me to believe it

?

Default 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse.. Any Opinions?

Hoping someone can help me with this 1939 Iron Cross First Class Medal. The mechanism that hold the medal on the uniform slips out of the hook mechanism, so that would lead me to believe it is a low quality piece, but any opinions would be great!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse.. Any Opinions?   1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse.. Any Opinions?  

Last edited by Adrian; 01-27-2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German Terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse.. Any Opinions?
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1939 Iron Cross First Class Medal.. Any Opinions?

I believe this is a reproduction...I don't like the catch at all...look forward to other opinions of course!
    cheers, Glenn

Not at all good imo.

It is even marked 24 which is a no go maker mark for an EK1

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Probably copper based, rub it on some emery and the top layer will come off

?

Thank you for the input! I assumed it was fake. The vendor had multiple fake items from China, which made me question the authenticity of most of his other pieces.

I wouldn't consider buying ANYTHING from this dealer, friend...It's one thing to have a reproduction slip through, but another to offer an entire load of fakes, in my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

?

I agree with you there Glenn, glad to have gotten opinions before I dared put any money on the table. As i spoke to the vendor he told me that his prices were much better than anything you could find online (and now I know why) and that the militaria dealers had really inflated the prices, so much so that he believed that the WWII items have peaked in price (which I strongly agree with). But hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess.

-Doug

?

As already said, no chance for this one but I'll move it to the correct forum.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse.. Any Opinions?

Hi, I can only agree, total fake.

r John