Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1 repro?

Article about: Hi all. Stumbled upon this cross. It is 3 piece construction, unmarked, and the straight pin concerns me. Can anyone advise? I have a feeling this could be a 60’s repro. Thank you!

Default 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1 repro?

Hi all. Stumbled upon this cross. It is 3 piece construction, unmarked, and the straight pin and hinge concerns me. Can anyone advise please? I have a feeling this could be a 60’s repro. Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1 repro?   1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1 repro?  

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1 repro?   1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1 repro?  

Last edited by MilitariaMatt; 04-17-2019 at 08:39 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1 repro?
    P
    Many

BMB
    ?

Hey!
    Yes a reproduction with 57 style pin IMO.

Best regards
    Martin

I agree, a repro indeed

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

No guys , this is anot a repro,but postwar Souval type ,and not 3 pieces,but four pieces construction

Quote by BMB View Post
    Hey!
    Yes a reproduction with 57 style pin IMO.

Best regards
    Martin

Thanks so much for the confirmation Martin! I will pass on this one

Quote by Eisernes Kreuz 2 View Post
    No guys , this is anot a repro,but postwar Souval type ,and not 3 pieces,but four pieces construction
    So made post war by original maker? I’m surprised they were able to continue manufacturing a decoration with a swas. What’s the story behind that? I looked it up but it doesn’t have the “dipping 3”. Thank you for the info!!

Did my ignorance scare everyone away? For future readers, from my research it looks like these were produced very early post war and sold to Allied vets. I did not know that! Furthermore I guess 1957 (unless I can be corrected) was the date period medals could be acquired without swas’s by the original earner. So I assume that’s what’s meant by 57 style hinge?

While the price is really nice on this one, I will pass. Although I have read that these are becoming collectable? If purchased by a vet it’s certainly a piece of the history.

Thanks to those who helped!

Quote by MilitariaMatt View Post
    Did my ignorance scare everyone away? For future readers, from my research it looks like these were produced very early post war and sold to Allied vets. I did not know that! Furthermore I guess 1957 (unless I can be corrected) was the date period medals could be acquired without swas’s by the original earner. So I assume that’s what’s meant by 57 style hinge?

While the price is really nice on this one, I will pass. Although I have read that these are becoming collectable? If purchased by a vet it’s certainly a piece of the history.

Thanks to those who helped!
    No, your lack of knowledge did not scare everyone else away.
    We usually encourage new serious members to do some of their own research, instead of just spoon feeding everyone that comes here with questions.
    The rest of your comments are pretty much correct.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Eisernes Kreuz 2 View Post
    I understand which pieces are referred to by the term 3 piece contruction (the core and the two pieces of the frame brought together), but what is the 4th piece you are referring to?

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    I understand which pieces are referred to by the term 3 piece contruction (the core and the two pieces of the frame brought together), but what is the 4th piece you are referring to?
    I believe he’s speaking on the pin being the fourth piece, but maybe he can confirm. I said 3 piece because I examined it the same as I would a 2nd class.