Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse

Article about: Is this real cross?

?

Post 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse

Is this real cross? They sell it for 15 euro
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse  
    Last edited by rbminis; 05-30-2018 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse
    P
    Many

I'd be highly skeptical of an EK.II. being sold at that price, regardless of how good it looked. The first thing that immediately jumps out at me is the attachment loop for the ring, which looks rather bulky. As a comparison, here's the only one I own. You'll see what I mean in regards to the ring.

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse

The detailing on the one you've posted also appear to be rather soft/bulky, but the resident experts would need clearer photos to clarify. From the point of view of an amateur, my educated guess would be that this is a cast copy. It's worth noting that if the price seems too good to be true, it most likely is.

Regards, B.B.

?

emo155 please use proper German terminology when posting awards, more details can be found in Orders & Decorations of the Third Reich, there is a whole thread on the subject to help with this.

As for the 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse, I would not like to comment on the strength of that one photograph and the price of 15 euro's seems very cheap and is far to good to be true. If you can please post better photo's to help the very knowledgeable members here help you.

BB is correct regarding the loop for the suspension ring, it looks to bulky for my liking as well.

Wilko

It looks like an artificially aged fake one piece cross to me.

Regards - Danny

The guys above said it, does not look good

?

Тhanks for the answers!