Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1939 Eisernes Kreuz

Article about: Please opinions on this cased example. Cross looks cleaned ? Too good to be true ? Any issues with the set ? Thanks, D

Default 1939 Eisernes Kreuz

Please opinions on this cased example. Cross looks cleaned ? Too good to be true ? Any issues with the set ?
    Thanks, D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Eisernes Kreuz   1939 Eisernes Kreuz  

1939 Eisernes Kreuz   1939 Eisernes Kreuz  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Eisernes Kreuz
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

On my cell David. Be it doesn't look cleaned to me. Is this the maker that was one of the hoard finds in mint condition?? I have however heard rumors that they have been suspected of cleaning awards
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    On my cell David. Be it doesn't look cleaned to me. Is this the maker that was one of the hoard finds in mint condition?? I have however heard rumors that they have been suspected of cleaning awards
    Hi M
    Thanks for your reply.
    Who was suspected of cleaning them ?? Dealers ? The persons that uncovered them ?
    D.

MAP
    ?

I don't like to throw stones when I can't prove or don't know all the facts. But I was told it was Ratisbons that was suspected. To be fair. All my dealings with them have been fantastic

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks again. Probably was cleaned. After 80 years...should have some patina on it. Thing is...the raised "ribbed" frame has what appears to be full frosting. So that's why I thought maybe it was just well stored

I agree with you David. If they cleaned that cross, it would have had to been with a feather and water. The frosting is almost perfect.

Jay

Thanks Jay
    I bought one IC1 in my life & it was a "Floch fake". So being cautious this time around. Just want one nice example.
    Here is the "Infamous L15 Floch". Looks good IMO...but it is not. It now resides in my "drawer of shame"
    Attached Images Attached Images 1939 Eisernes Kreuz  1939 Eisernes Kreuz  1939 Eisernes Kreuz  1939 Eisernes Kreuz  1939 Eisernes Kreuz  1939 Eisernes Kreuz  1939 Eisernes Kreuz  1939 Eisernes Kreuz 

MAP
    ?

For discussion purposes, I still don't think it's been cleaned. Yes it's mint but I don't see those tell take characteristics of cleaned awards.

Hopefully some of the EK guys will be around but I've seen a number of mint/near mint EKs posted over the years. I know I have an EK2 that looked (when I bought it 10 years ago) like it was just made.

Quote by MAP View Post
    For discussion purposes, I still don't think it's been cleaned. Yes it's mint but I don't see those tell take characteristics of cleaned awards.

Hopefully some of the EK guys will be around but I've seen a number of mint/near mint EKs posted over the years. I know I have an EK2 that looked (when I bought it 10 years ago) like it was just made.
    This is true. I do too. My IC2 is bright silver framed...but maybe that was cleaned before I bought it five years ago. Who knows ??.
    That being said, maybe it is not too important if it was cleaned. It's nice & I am assuming it is a correct BHM badge & case

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    This is true. I do too. My IC2 is bright silver framed...but maybe that was cleaned before I bought it five years ago. Who knows ??
    Yes. Possible. But still I don't see any marks/signs on this one that it has been cleaned. The reverse looks in touched, no build up of dirt, dust or patina in the nooks and crannies that are extremely hard to clean.

Your right to question and be cautious however.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast