Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Eisernes Kreuz (Iron Cross) Real?

Article about: I am New to collecting militaria, and I was just looking for a second opinion on the authenticity of this 1939 Eisernes Kreuz (EK II) From the few examples I have seen I believe it to be aut

Default 1939 Eisernes Kreuz (Iron Cross) Real?

I am New to collecting militaria, and I was just looking for a second opinion on the authenticity of this 1939 Eisernes Kreuz (EK II) From the few examples I have seen I believe it to be authentic, but it never hurts to get it in front of people much more knowledgeable than I.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Images Attached Images 1939 Eisernes Kreuz (Iron Cross) Real? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Eisernes Kreuz (Iron Cross) Real?
    P
    Many

Although I find it hard to tell from the photos, this one looks good to me.

Quote by Speedfast2018 View Post
    Although I find it hard to tell from the photos, this one looks good to me.
    Could I take some better photos for you? Improved lighting? Anything specific to highlight? Thank you for your response!

I second Speedfast's opinion on this one. An original - if slightly grubby - E.K.II. with a period-correct ribbon. Nothing wrong with a bit of wear and tear, though. It gives the award character.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I second Speedfast's opinion on this one. An original - if slightly grubby - E.K.II. with a period-correct ribbon. Nothing wrong with a bit of wear and tear, though. It gives the award character.

Regards, B.B.
    Thank you once again, Brodie! I like a little war and tear, it always makes me feel better buying period items because it indicates authenticity to some degree. This is my first one so I am happy with it!

I'm glad I was able to help. It's a nice cross! A little bit of rust showing on the reverse side of the core, but that's not uncommon. Is there any sign of a maker's mark on the ring?

B.B.