Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1939 screwback Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse.

Article about: Hi all i need some opinions on this iron cross screw back authenticity and if it is good or bad and why you think so i wish to hear your thoughts first as you know more than me before i open

Default 1939 screwback Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse.

Hi all i need some opinions on this iron cross screw back authenticity and if it is good or bad and why you think so i wish to hear your thoughts first as you know more than me before i open my mouth
    thanks guys
    James

1939 screwback Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse.
    Last edited by Adrian; 11-26-2013 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 screwback Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse.
    P
    Many

Hi James, it is bad. Any screw backing plate with those SS/RZM markings is bogus.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

could it be a bad backing plate with an original cross Ade?

No. Take a look at the metal the cross is made from.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade i had my doubts of course but as a novice in the Collecting field i doubt myself a lot, i only asked about it because the core is magnetic, i thought someone might of put plate on the back to make it more appealing to a buyer which was me lol lucky i didn't pay much $50 Australian ill keep it as a reference
    thank you for your help Ade if it wasnt for people like you this collecting hobby would be a nightmare
    Regards
    James

My pleasure. Thank you.

Hi James

Is there a shot of the reverse?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi James, I agree with what Ade has said.

Look at the width of the frame down the right hand side of the twelve o'clock arm. It is huge compared to the opposite side. It never would have passed the quality control.
    Is it definitely made in three pieces?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

its crook cobber.