Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1939 spange on WWi ribbon-Opinions as there are issues

Article about: Hello guys. I have spotted this item but prior purchasing it i would like to get some opinions. To me the ribbon and spange seem original but there is a mark on the reverse which makes me th

Exclamation 1939 spange on WWi ribbon-Opinions as there are issues

Hello guys. I have spotted this item but prior purchasing it i would like to get some opinions. To me the ribbon and spange seem original but there is a mark on the reverse which makes me think that it was initially attached to an EKI and at some time someone converted it to an EKII adding the pins.
    I'm not an expert though so i would like to get your feedback.
    Thanks in advance,
    Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 spange on WWi ribbon-Opinions as there are issues   1939 spange on WWi ribbon-Opinions as there are issues  

1939 spange on WWi ribbon-Opinions as there are issues  
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 spange on WWi ribbon-Opinions as there are issues
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1939 spange on WWi ribbon-Opinions as there are issues

Hi Chris, you cannot convert one of these from a first class to a second class version as the sizes are different. 30mm width for the 2nd class, opposed to 45mm for the first class.

Cheers, Ade.

looks like a good Deumer to me. Should be 4 attachment pins. If you look closely on the rear, you can make out some faint lines where the pins would have been mounted. Maybe the mark in the centre is a botched repair attempt since the bottom pins came off. A nice spange besides this, well done.

First of all thanks for your time to reply guys. Ade your everywhere in this forum. Like a guardian angel
    At first i got excited by your positive feedback both said ok. Another member who i had spoken to prior starting this thread was also positive.
    But today i found this picture from a member who says that he has 2 spanges exactly like this 1. He said it's a cast copy. That's how all 3 examples have that scratch on the reverse under the L/11 mark.
    If they can make copies like this then God knows if our collections are good.
    i really wanted this piece
    Attached Images Attached Images 1939 spange on WWi ribbon-Opinions as there are issues 
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377