Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 combo

Article about: Wasn't sure where to put this but picked this up in Krakow in September from a flea market and not sure what to make.of it as the back clasp looks odd. Any ideas? The wing on the eagle has b

Default 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 combo

Wasn't sure where to put this but picked this up in Krakow in September from a flea market and not sure what to make.of it as the back clasp looks odd. Any ideas? The wing on the eagle has been broken off and repaired at some point 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 combo1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 combo1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 combo
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-30-2017 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 combo
    P
    Many

?

Sorry to say, but this one is just bad.
    I don't like the terrible details on the obverse, but what stands out for me is are the fake SS and RZM stamps on the reverse, that is a dead giveaway. The whole piece is just a big no.

To bad you got burned, but learn from it. Use the search engine of this forum and study the posted original pieces.

Regards, Rik

As said above, fake.

It is indeed a good rule to remember: Any and all badges and awards with screwback discs featuring RZM- and SS marks are fake. No exceptions.

Butts well you live and learn. Only out €60

Quote by Bexinthecity247 View Post
    Butts well you live and learn. Only out €60
    At that price, considering the going rates for Iron Crosses of all types, you're extremely fortunate that it wasn't a lot worse. A valuable lesson for the future. Even the best collectors get burned every now and again, and it happens to us all at least once in our collecting lifetimes.

B.B.

It was €60 for all 3 so I think I escaped an expensive lesson!

Expensive for the wallet, maybe. But valuable in terms of experience. Glad to see this setback hasn't knocked your determination. All too often, new collectors will throw in the towel if their first purchase is a bad one. Your perseverance is a good sign. I'm sure you'll have a good sized collection of original pieces soon enough!

B.B.

That would have been enough to buy a nice original Mother's cross in silver.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I'm excited to learn and actually have a real piece - that's what's more disappointing if I'm honest- it's not the money more so the idea that I haven't obtained a piece of history (yet!)
    That said I think it almost moronic of me to have believed that a rare and expensive iron cross was only going to be €20 at a flea market! XD

Thanks again!

Quote by rbminis View Post
    That would have been enough to buy a nice original Mother's cross in silver.
    Ralph.
    I'm going to start looking. I wish I had thought about all this before we went ha. But it was a spur of the moment as i hadn't actually intended to start collecting until the moment presented itself

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast