Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914, Unknown maker I

Article about: This EK I spange came with the other I posted recently. Some do not agree that this one is war time produced but others do. I chose to accept the opinions of those that do. Ralph.

Default 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914, Unknown maker I

This EK I spange came with the other I posted recently. Some do not agree that this one is war time produced but others do. I chose to accept the opinions of those that do.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914, Unknown maker I   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914, Unknown maker I  

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914, Unknown maker I   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914, Unknown maker I  

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914, Unknown maker I   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914, Unknown maker I  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914, Unknown maker I
    P
    Many

Hi Ralph,

I have seen an identical unmarked spange known as the 'unknown maker 1' type and is considered very rare and original, I take it this is the one to which you refer?

The only point of contention I have with the one above is that it's stamped with the PKZ number '1' for Deschler & Sohne and uses a stamp that does not match any of the 3 (at least) types they were known to use, it appears spurious to me. Deschler only seemed to have produced one type of spange, and it's considered very rare, here's an example.

Could it be yours is an original unknown maker spange that's been post war "pimped up" with a fantasy stamp to make it more desirable to collectors?? Unfortunately I'm not really up to speed on spanges other than in a passing interest kind of way to comment further.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned,
    No, it is not a Deschler and I am unsure of the #1 stamp but if you go here and check the obverse and reverse details, you will see they match.
    GCA Forum | Access denied.
    Not sure who else we able to view it.
    Ralph.
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-23-2015 at 03:12 AM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

for me its a good one Ralph,I like it.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    for me its a good one Ralph,I like it.
    Thank you Harry!
    Ralph.

Nicely detailed for sure! The bent beak is an oddity though...

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Nicely detailed for sure! The bent beak is an oddity though...
    Thanks Glenn!
    Hard to tell if it was made that way of just from being knocked around, it does appear to be made this way.
    Ralph.

Looks good Ralph but that 1 stamp is a bit worrying

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Looks good Ralph but that 1 stamp is a bit worrying

Nick
    You're right about the stamp Nick, it is bogus. But the spange itself is a good one, albeit by an unknown maker that's been crudely tarted up in a misguided attempt to increase it's value.

Regards, Ned
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.