Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Unmarked- Floch Fake Analysis

Article about: Hello Gents, Had a Spange a while back which turned out to be of the Floch Fake Variety. Big Ned gave a good summary of some of its attributes here http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/1939-e...64/

Default 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Unmarked- Floch Fake Analysis

Hello Gents,
    Had a Spange a while back which turned out to be of the Floch Fake Variety. Big Ned gave a good summary of some of its attributes here

Spange

I wanted to take a shot at highlighting some of this common fakes attributes to help fellow forum members.
    Hope It is helpful.

This badge in my semi beginner opinion is judge if you have the item in hand or in person at first.

#1 The entire spange is a rather flat strike. When held next to a real example you can feel and see high points and detail. ( whole badge)

#2 the triangle eagle breast is one of the most high relief points( red triangle). the floch fake is very flat and flush to the rest of the eagle and wings.( green marks on wings)

#3 the swastika is very flat in its strike and is almost flush to the wreath,(paint marks on wreath)

#4 the leaves in the wreath are flat, wide and really lack detail.,(paint marks on wreath)
    1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Unmarked- Floch Fake Analysis1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Unmarked- Floch Fake Analysis1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Unmarked- Floch Fake Analysis1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Unmarked- Floch Fake Analysis1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Unmarked- Floch Fake Analysis1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Unmarked- Floch Fake Analysis1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Unmarked- Floch Fake Analysis1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Unmarked- Floch Fake Analysis1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Unmarked- Floch Fake Analysis1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Unmarked- Floch Fake Analysis1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Unmarked- Floch Fake Analysis1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Unmarked- Floch Fake Analysis

I got mine as a gift from dad that was mixed with original material if you are not experienced handling these or have no comparison they can be extremely tricky especially this fake.
    Had it for years and had myself fully convinced it was good.( Dad bought it, must be real
    Ask about these on the forum, take a look a real material at shows. There is no replacement for knowledge and experience.

Detail,Detail Detail, get advice and do your homework.

I Hope I haven't crashed and burned on this one.

Hope to save people a few bucks and neglect another fake being sold
    my 2 cents before coffee
    General P

I Wanted to work a Flock of Seagulls reference in here somewhere....coffee time!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Unmarked- Floch Fake Analysis
    P
    Many

My advice would be to study originals and learn even a few of the details, not to study fakes. If you study originals, when someone comes out with a new fake, you will not be fooled.
    We have a good data base of these here.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/database-ek-spange/
    You can do a search and find many originals posted to refer to as well.
    Ralph.

-----Edit----
    I believe the fake you have posted is referred to as the "pigeon head" fake.
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-10-2015 at 06:07 PM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph, I guess I did go backwards in a away. I have looked at the gallery. I guess I should would it be prudent or wise if possible for known variants to show more then 1-2 picture per Spange if there was an element of interest. I don't want to waste more time or reinvent the wheel, just seeing if it would add value/quality. if no, no issues. just an idea.

Bryan

Hi Gen,
    Echoing what Ralph mentions also the spange that you compare is the 2nd type EK 2nd class and not the first class as suggested by your title.

There are umpteen variations of both the second class and first class spanges. If like me your collecting covers the whole spectrum of TR memorabilia you need to get 'hands on' just to get a feel of the genuine stuff.
    I have been collecting for a year or two now and even I get it wrong..especially with some of the new age reproductions coming out.
    Research the items you are interested in and remember the devil is in the detail.

Good hunting

Thanks Ralph and Saladin. I think my days of spange involvement are through for a while

Quote by GeneralPutnam View Post
    Hi Ralph, I guess I did go backwards in a away. I have looked at the gallery. I guess I should would it be prudent or wise if possible for known variants to show more then 1-2 picture per Spange if there was an element of interest.
    Bryan
    Hello Bryan,
    I do agree with what you say about photos in the data base. If you take a look at the Infantriesturmabzeichen data base, you will see how I would like it to exist.
    I currently have about 12 spange, 1st and 2nd, but will be updating the data base in the near future.
    Jim, CMSgt, has most of the examples known to date and he was kind enough to post for our reference. I simply moved them and closed them.
    As we move into the winter months, and I am not able to ride my motorcycle anymore this year, I will be spending more time on the data base for spange and PABs. Of course, if I have to spend most of my time on line re-naming threads and reloading photos, the less updating I will be able to do.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph, If you need any help I do have spare time due to long shifts ect. If there is anything I can do to help let me know,
    Your a true rock of the forum!
    Bryan