Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914

Article about: Good day everyone. I have a question about this Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse. I have it difficult to attribute the manufacturer, so would like to ask for Your help. It could be L/1

Default 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914

Good day everyone.
    I have a question about this Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse. I have it difficult to attribute the manufacturer, so would like to ask for Your help. It could be L/12 Juncker or L/18 Mayer?
    Gentleman, I am sorry for the quality of pictures, at the moment I don't have better ones...
    Thanks a lot and best regards,
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914  

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914
    P
    Many

This is not a Juncker spange, it appears to be a Mayer.
    Straight on photos would be better.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph.
    Unfortunately don't have other photos.
    This one is ground dug, coming from Kurland-Kessel. One more example, how nice can be the items coming from ground 70+ years after war ended..
    Regards,
    Peter

?

Mayer spange, it has never been in the ground to much finish left. Jim

Quote by CMSgt View Post
    Mayer spange, it has never been in the ground to much finish left. Jim
    Good day.
    Arghhh,god d..... I am getting tired of these sentences that ground dug items are not coming from the ground, I have heard that many times... with items I have found personally as well. Condition depends on a lot of factors, composition of the materials, soil, moisture and so on, You can find numerous thread ith ground dug items in good condition.
    Thanks and regards,
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914  

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914  

I can vouch for ground dug items being recovered in remarkable condition. For example, some evidence from my own collection:

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 19141939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914

Though it may not look it, this M24 grenade is a ground dug example. And to add to that; was recovered as recently as early 2017 from the former Leningrad area. The internals, including the porcelain ball and pull cord, are fully intact, and all components of the grenade can be unscrewed with little difficulty. The soil in many places, most notably certain areas of Eastern Europe, has remarkable preservative qualities. Items are regularly recovered to this day that are, in some cases, in better condition than comparable items that have spent the intervening years above ground.

Though it is by no means common to encounter items in such condition, they definitely do exist!

Regards, B.B.

?

My apology Peter, it just looked to good and the only ground dug items I have seen have heavy deterioration. Jim

Quote by CMSgt View Post
    My apology Peter, it just looked to good and the only ground dug items I have seen have heavy deterioration. Jim
    No problem Jim.
    We are here to learn new things.
    Regards,
    Peter