Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914 for review

Article about: Hi guys, ive got this spange here and i didn't pay anything for it because i wasn't confident with it, but alas, its now in my possession. In checking the data base, it doesnt match anything

Default 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914 for review

Hi guys, ive got this spange here and i didn't pay anything for it because i wasn't confident with it, but alas, its now in my possession. In checking the data base, it doesnt match anything in there, and ive heard if here is a sizable difference in wing "gap" then we have a concern. Also, the prongs arent individually affixed (4), rather they are affixed from the center and bent up from the right and left. I know the ribbon is wrong btw.

Anyhow im looking for more input to confirm it is bad or in a strike of luck, that it is potentially good.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914 for review   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914 for review  

Last edited by rbminis; 09-01-2016 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914 for review
    P
    Many

No need for "alas" methinks. It looks like a good unmarked L/59 in zinc by Alois Rettenmaier to me. Best wait for other opinions, but I like it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It's fine.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    I must be frikkin' psychic as I was predicting exadtly that between half six and 7 o'clock. You'll be at thirteen and half grand in the forum posts league by next Monday the way you're going H.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks guys, made my day

Quote by big ned View Post
    No need for "alas" methinks. It looks like a good unmarked L/59 in zinc by Alois Rettenmaier to me. Best wait for other opinions, but I like it.

Regards, Ned.
    I agree with Ned.
    You can compare it with my example here.
    1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914, Unmarked L/59, Alois Rettenmaier
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)