Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?

Article about: Hi All, I recently purchased a Knights Iron Cross from Ebay. I know for a fact the ribbon is a fake as well as the diamonds w/h cross swords. It's the cross im worried about. It would be nic

Default 1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?

Hi All,

I recently purchased a Knights Iron Cross from Ebay. I know for a fact the ribbon is a fake as well as the diamonds w/h cross swords. It's the cross im worried about. It would be nice if someone else could comment on its authenticity. I still can get my money back in the next couple days and the seller claims authenticity. There are some strange bumps at the bottom of the cross near the 1813. I have my doubts. Thanks!
    1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real? Knights

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?
    P
    Many

Default re: 1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?

Hello mate, welcome to the forum.

This is total Junk I'm afraid, every thing about it is wrong, do a search and check it out. But first get your money back!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

my apologies for the sideways photos!
    1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?

?

Welcome to the forum!
    Unfortunately Ned is correct, it is a total fake bottom to top. It is based upon a 1957 version of the Ritterkreuz. Try a search for '1957' and you will find several genuine examples to compare to. The differences will be obvious.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hello and Welcome to the forum!
    Your worries are well founded. Ned is correct, it is a fake as it does not resemble any originally manufactured crosses that exist.
    Sorry,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for all your help guys! I will definitely be returning this item!

Ned is indeed correct. It is a replica, and a bad one at that.
    As well, A genuine 1957 Cross with Oak Leaves, Swords
    and Diamonds would be quite rare.

Get a refund.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Default Re: 1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?

Here is a genuine 1957 pattern Ritterkreuz. This is a 'B' type with convex oakleaves in the centre. The 'A' type has concave leaves.
    You can see the differences in quality and details.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?   1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: 1957 pattern Ritterkreuz: Fake or Real?

Is this from Canada ?..........from here loveisallaround12 | eBay if so, never, ever, deal with this seller for originals, all Chinese crap....a deciever ! a bounder ! a cad ! for information, study the back pages of this forum, search in either Bundsewehr or Third Reich orders & decorations....
    Prost ! Steve.