Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1957 Ritterkreuz - 'B' type.

Article about: Here is my 1957 version Ritterkreuz. It is a Steinhauer & Luck cross, magnetic core and unmarked. It has the 'B' type core with convex oakleaves, they bulge out from the core. The 'A' ty

?

Default 1957 Ritterkreuz - 'B' type.

Here is my 1957 version Ritterkreuz. It is a Steinhauer & Luck cross, magnetic core and unmarked.
    It has the 'B' type core with convex oakleaves, they bulge out from the core. The 'A' type has concave oakleaves and look much sharper.
    The loop is made from brass or a tombak alloy. The cross has been identified by others more knowledgeable than me as being an early 'B' type made during the 1960s because of the magnetic core, later versions were non magnetic.
    The frame is nicely struck and there is a small amount of silver frosting left in the recesses.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 Ritterkreuz - 'B' type.   1957 Ritterkreuz - 'B' type.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957 Ritterkreuz - 'B' type.
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1957 Ritterkreuz - 'B' type.

Great piece, Adrian! I especially like the brass/tomback loop--the difference in metal shades looks sharp! I think the frames of the Ritterkreuz should have been closer to that sheen to distinguish them more from EK2s and EK1s. Always wanted to look into getting a '57 Ritterkreuz myself, unfortunately they seem to be a lot more scarce to come by than even original wartime examples (though much cheaper)!

?

Beautiful example, , I like it

Adrian....stunning, still looking for the same, yours is just like the one i had in the early 90's bought from a dealer called Colin Brown (dont know if he is still dealing), I didnt think it collectable at the time, and moved it on to fellow collector, who still has it, but wont sell it back !......dont blame him.

?

Thanks for the comments guys, still looking for the elusive 'A' type and that rare moment in time when one comes up for sale and I have the money to pay for it.......

Very nice indeed Adrian What ribbons did these 57s come with?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    What ribbons did these 57s come with?
    Hi Nick, this example didn't come with a ribbon but I guess when these were issued they probably came with a wartime type ribbon, maybe someone can confirm?
    I can post pics of the ribbon I've added later on.

AdrianC & all, 57' RK ribbons and most other 'ribboned' awards in the early days were wartime issue until they ran out (when they ran out I dont know!), then it was remade using modern materials, it is quite proper for 57' award ribbons to glow under the U/V light test.

?

Thank you for adding that Steve, I thought it the most likely scenario but wasn't 100%.