Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1st class iron cross shinkelform

Article about: by callum i spoke to the dealer and theres no refunds. so thats the 1st class i bought and the 2nd class and the bronze tank badge all fakes wow thats 1000 au dollars down the drain. It has

?

Default 1st class iron cross shinkelform

hi
    i have here a 1st class iron cross in shinkelform and the maker is 107, Carl Wild. i just wanted to know what would the value be on this medal? also did carl wild make 2nd class iron crosses?
    thanks
    regards callum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st class iron cross shinkelform   1st class iron cross shinkelform  

1st class iron cross shinkelform   1st class iron cross shinkelform  

1st class iron cross shinkelform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st class iron cross shinkelform
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 1st class iron cross shinkelform

Callum,
    The cross is a fake. Carl Wild didn't make Schinkel crosses nor have any original Schinkel crosses ever been found with a makers mark.
    No identifiable EK2s have been found by this maker.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

hi
    i dont get it tho its 3 piece construction and iron core and too good to be a fake if you ask me
    here are some more photos anyway.
    thanks
    callum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st class iron cross shinkelform   1st class iron cross shinkelform  

Callum

Sometimes fakes are so good only trained eyes and excellent knowledge like Adrians can detect them. To the rest of us they look ok

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

It doesn't matter how good a fake is or how well it's constructed, if it wasn't made before May 1945 it is a reproduction item. Some fakes are easy to spot, some are very hard and even experts need to resort to lab tests to decide.
    The cross you show was not made before May 1945, it is a reproduction that has surfaced on numerous occasions. This cross can be made for lets say $100(?) and resold for $800. Give or take.
    It represents a huge profit margin for those who wish to make fake TR items.
    If a Ritterkreuz can be made for the same money or, lets say for arguments sake, an RK can be made for $1000 and resold for $5000 or more, it makes sense to try to get it as good as possible to fool people into buying it as an original.
    I hope you can get your money back if you so wish and put it towards an original example.

?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    I hope you can get your money back if you so wish and put it towards an original example.
    yer i do to i paid 450 au 3 years ago for it... this is a tricky hobbie and expencive for a 14 year old such as myself.
    thanks for the help.
    regards callum.

?

Quote by callum View Post
    yer i do to i paid 450 au 3 years ago for it... this is a tricky hobbie and expencive for a 14 year old such as myself.
    thanks for the help.
    regards callum.
    Please post any potential purchases before you part with any cash. Most dealers don't have a problem holding an item for a few days while you seek opinions. It will save you a whole lot of problems and money if you buy wisely first.

?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    Please post any potential purchases before you part with any cash. Most dealers don't have a problem holding an item for a few days while you seek opinions. It will save you a whole lot of problems and money if you buy wisely first.
    yer i know thats what im going to do for now on the only problem was i was at a gunshow so i didnt have a camera or anything i just trusted the dealers but sometime it goes bad.

Quote by callum View Post
    thanks for the help.
    regards callum.
    Callum, dont let this knock your enthusiasm for the hobby, it is easy to avoid fakes by taking the advice you have been given
    You are only young, enjoy it and watch your collection grow mate!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

i spoke to the dealer and theres no refunds.
    so thats the 1st class i bought and the 2nd class and the bronze tank badge all fakes wow thats 1000 au dollars down the drain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast