Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

1st Class Spange.

Article about: Hello, To all the Spange experts out there, does this one stand a chance? Not maker marked at all. I don't have a copy of Maerz's book on the Iron Cross and Spange's ( got one on the way ),

Default 1st Class Spange.

Hello,

To all the Spange experts out there, does this one stand a chance? Not maker marked at all. I don't have a copy of Maerz's book on the Iron Cross and Spange's ( got one on the way ), so am having a little trouble pin pointing this one.

Any feedback welcome,

Regards,

1st Class Spange.1st Class Spange.1st Class Spange.1st Class Spange.1st Class Spange.1st Class Spange.1st Class Spange.1st Class Spange.1st Class Spange.1st Class Spange.1st Class Spange.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st Class Spange.
    P
    Many

Finally had this one identified as an early Deumer.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Redback16; 04-03-2014 at 10:05 PM.

Very nice, but it isn't an early Deumer as it is still a 2nd type spange (no scalloped sides to the date plaque)

Glenn is correct however it could be an early second pattern Deumer

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Agreed, an unmaked 2nd pattern Deumer spange. Everything matches including the small block hinge and hand finished catch, but the big 'tell' for me is the large elongated flat spot made by the tool that bent the pin at the top, it's unmistakable like a fingerprint.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

that's a beaut.

I have a pair of Deumer EK1 spanges, i'll add some images tomorrow to this fine thread.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Cheers,

Here is one of my EK1 spangen that i'm sure is a Deumer. My other example on closer inspection may not be a Deumer afrer all so I will not add it to this thread to avoid confusion.

1st Class Spange. 1st Class Spange.