Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

"4" Marked EKII Is This Real of Fake?

Article about: Have just recieved this EKII its ring stamped "4" for Steinhauer & Luck-it looks ok but would like second opinions from the experts here. The beading looks like it has a line r

Default "4" Marked EKII Is This Real of Fake?

Have just recieved this EKII its ring stamped "4" for Steinhauer & Luck-it looks ok but would like second opinions from the experts here. The beading looks like it has a line running partially along it on the right swastika side which makes me suspicious of it or does this occur on some examples? Please have look at the pics and let me know guys and thanks. Best Regards, Tim.Attachment 229884Attachment 229885Attachment 229886Attachment 229884Attachment 229885Attachment 229886Attachment 229884Attachment 229885Attachment 229886

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "4" Marked EKII Is This Real of Fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: "4" Marked EKII Is This Real of Fake?

Hi Tim,
    No problems with this cross, an original example. The reverse core looks like it might of had a re-paint but it might just be the photo. Can you post a pic of the makers mark please?
    The lines running along the beading are die flaws and nothing to be concerned about, they occur on many EKs. It happens when the die in which the frame is made wears and cracks appear. When the frame is stamped, excess material is pressed into the cracks and lo and behold, when the frame is removed from the die, the crack in the tool is replicated on the frame.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hi Tim,
    No problems with this cross, an original example. The reverse core looks like it might of had a re-paint but it might just be the photo. Can you post a pic of the makers mark please?
    The lines running along the beading are die flaws and nothing to be concerned about, they occur on many EKs. It happens when the die in which the frame is made wears and cracks appear. When the frame is stamped, excess material is pressed into the cracks and lo and behold, when the frame is removed from the die, the crack in the tool is replicated on the frame.
    Thats brilliant Adrian! Thanks for the confirmation as previously ive not had much luck with EKII's and last two purchased turned out to be fakes though i got refunds on both occassions. Great to know i have the genuine article at last. Will post photo of makers stamp which is "4" when i get home from work later. Thanks very much again. Regards, Tim.

?

I agree with Adrian. A nice original S&L.

A fine St&L. One of the best makers of awards IMO. Stewy

Nice catch indeed Tim, congrats

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Nice catch indeed Tim, congrats

Nick
    Thanks loads as ive had some pretty bad luck in the past with these but thankfully got refunds for the two previous fakes which i bought from a local dealer and am so pleased with this cross being the real thing. Its thanks to all the guys who know their stuff on this fine website which helps, so big thankyou to you all. Forgot to note i couldnt get a decent enough close up of the ring stamp "4" and will have to leave it until i get a better camera sorted. Cheers Guys, Tim.