Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Beautiful Ritterkreuz, is it authentic??

Article about: Hey, all-- Came across this RK for sale. Is it a good one?? Thanks!

Default Beautiful Ritterkreuz, is it authentic??

Hey, all--

Came across this RK for sale. Is it a good one?? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Beautiful Ritterkreuz, is it authentic??   Beautiful Ritterkreuz, is it authentic??  

Beautiful Ritterkreuz, is it authentic??   Beautiful Ritterkreuz, is it authentic??  

Beautiful Ritterkreuz, is it authentic??   Beautiful Ritterkreuz, is it authentic??  

Beautiful Ritterkreuz, is it authentic??  
    Attached Images Attached Images Beautiful Ritterkreuz, is it authentic?? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beautiful Ritterkreuz, is it authentic??
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Beautiful Ritterkreuz, is it authentic??

From these pics it looks like a 'rounder', so called because the inner corners of the beading nearest the swastika are very rounded, so in answer to you question - no.
    As well as that the ribbon (excluding the narrow ties) is made from two types, one of which is a modern repro.
    Would be useful to see some straight on pics though.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

its bad, look at the corners, sorry

First impression - Bad !

But the asking price from whoever is selling it may also say a lot...............
    Regards,

Steve.

how much would a real one fetch? just curious jay

Originals are $8000.00 and upwards, over here.

I'd like to get a really 'good quality' repro KC with Oakleaves and Swords like this,
    but I do not want to spend any more than $200.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I'd like to get a really 'good quality' repro KC with Oakleaves and Swords like this,
    but I do not want to spend any more than $200.
    Steve,
    As a suggestion, have you thought about getting an early 1957 Ritterkreuz? They cost a little more than $200 but shopping around you can find them at reasonable prices. Then you will have a genuine version of the RK rather than a repro.
    There are two commonly found types from S&L, an 'A' and a 'B', the difference is in the cores. The 'B' type is more common and better priced than the 'A'.

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    Steve,
    As a suggestion, have you thought about getting an early 1957 Ritterkreuz? They cost a little more than $200 but shopping around you can find them at reasonable prices. Then you will have a genuine version of the RK rather than a repro.
    There are two commonly found types from S&L, an 'A' and a 'B', the difference is in the cores. The 'B' type is more common and better priced than the 'A'.
    Adrian

You were going to show pics of your '57 !

Would love to see it!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Wolfspear, theres one one on E Bay at the moment:- 'Orden-mit-Band-Ritterkreuz-1939-57er-Silber-800er-/310222595015', Adrian I think he will need a lot more than $200 ! mind you this looks like a nice early 57' RK.

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Wolfspear, theres one one on E Bay at the moment:- 'Orden-mit-Band-Ritterkreuz-1939-57er-Silber-800er-/310222595015', Adrian I think he will need a lot more than $200 ! mind you this looks like a nice early 57' RK.
    That cross is a beautiful 'A' type! Very very nice! I can see that one topping four figures when it ends!
    They're still about at much less though, my collecting budget seems to always be on the low side when they come up for sale though.
    As an example of prices, I know of an 'A' type going for 650€ (now on hold) and two 'B' types going for 155€ and 295€ respectively on a German dealers site.

Nick, I'll get round to it this weekend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast