Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Buying my first Eisernes Kreuz, what should I look for? (any tips are welcome)

Article about: I am looking at buying my first Iron Cross and was wondering what sort of things I should be looking for and any tips on picking up a good piece Any help is much appreciated Conor

Default Buying my first Eisernes Kreuz, what should I look for? (any tips are welcome)

I am looking at buying my first Iron Cross and was wondering what sort of things I should be looking for and any tips on picking up a good piece

Any help is much appreciated

Conor
    Last edited by Adrian; 01-25-2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German Terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buying my first Eisernes Kreuz, what should I look for? (any tips are welcome)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Buying my first Iron Cross, what should I look for? (any tips are welcome)

Firstly I would suggest reading through the threads in the EK section and familiarize yourself with aspects of the real deal.
    Secondly before buying post pics here for opinions and lastly go to our classified section and have a look see.

Tom

Default Re: Buying my first Iron Cross, what should I look for? (any tips are welcome)

Thanks, this is one example I was looking at
    Buying my first Eisernes Kreuz, what should I look for? (any tips are welcome)

Conor

looks ok in the photo.

?

Default Re: Buying my first Eisernes Kreuz, what should I look for? (any tips are welcome)

Hi Conor, the first thing to do before buying one is find a few you like and post them here for opinions. This would go for any newcomer and for any piece whether it be an EK or any other item you're unfamiliar with.

The cross you posted above is an original cross and ribbon by the maker Wachtler & Lange.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Buying my first Eisernes Kreuz, what should I look for? (any tips are welcome)

Hello Conor. I can only agree with the others. Post up photos of the cross/es you are interested in before buying. Buy the best quality you can. That way, you wont need to upgrade the cross, as your collection evolves. When it comes time you want to sell, its easier to sell a mint or near mint example.

regards John

Hi Conor, welcome to the wonderful world of EK's!!

A nice cross you have spied!

Maybe the first of many !

Nick
    Last edited by Woolgar; 01-27-2013 at 10:28 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

the advice from the guys is sound.

this area, as is true with virtually the entire universe of TR collecting, is a real minefield. the learning curve is steep. there is no way to list a string of What-To-Watch-Out-Fors.

basically what one must do is post all potential acquisitions for review by more experienced collectors. essentially one must learn as one collects and one must do this by studying as you go, relying on the more experienced for protection from losses along the way.

the EK2 you post is good. and, as Woolgar says, hopefully it is the first of many. follow the advice here so far about posting for opinions first, and i am certain it will be.

welcome to the forum, Conor.

in simply being here, you have won the first battle.

Thanks a lot guys for your support, as I have problems with PayPal I have decided to go elsewhere to find my first EK and have decided to purchase this marked one , slight wear to the swastika but I am very happy with it and to me that kinda adds to it Buying my first Eisernes Kreuz, what should I look for? (any tips are welcome)

Best regards, Conor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast