Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Bye bye guys !

Article about: I am leaving the EK arena for a while. I have amassed 93 EK2's including all the PKZ's and a few LDO's. I have 25 different EK1 makers, various spangen and a cherished DKiG! I am now pursuin

Default Re: Bye bye guys !

Best of luck Nick! Helmets are where my interests have been for some time, but I am now moving on to other things..

All the best in this potential mine-field! I've no doubt that you will be able to navigate it just fine

Josh

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bye bye guys !
    P
    Many

Quote by Aus der Traum View Post
    Best of luck .... but I am now moving on to other things..

Josh
    EK's? Just asking thise , because I know some one......
    ;-)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Ha ha!

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    I wonder if Mrs Stickgrenade will allow me to display them like that Glenn ?

Nick
    I'm afraid the "secret hubby collection display unit" wont work very well with helmets Nick...

Since ashtrays and spittoons are no longer "socially acceptable" in a modern decor you'll just need to be a bit more "creative" to make the helmets fit in. You can either saw them in halves, wire them, paint them to match the decor, mount them on the walls upside down and convince her they are "art deco" wall sconces (light fixtures) or, if you're lazy like me, just drill them through the top and use them as lamp shades (you can also drill them like sieves in areas where you need more light). Of course these "enhancements" might depreciate the helmets a bit but what would'nt we married men do to keep the peace? Trust me it works... the wife absolutly adores the Imperial Garde du Corps Kurassier Officer Soup serving dish with the upside down eagle decorated base, lobster tail pouring spout and scaled carrying handle I got "her" some years ago!

No doubt you'll find some great helmets Nick
    Regards

JC

Quote by MickeyM View Post
    I'm afraid the "secret hubby collection display unit" wont work very well with helmets Nick...

Since ashtrays and spittoons are no longer "socially acceptable" in a modern decor you'll just need to be a bit more "creative" to make the helmets fit in. You can either saw them in halves, wire them, paint them to match the decor, mount them on the walls upside down and convince her they are "art deco" wall sconces (light fixtures) or, if you're lazy like me, just drill them through the top and use them as lamp shades (you can also drill them like sieves in areas where you need more light). Of course these "enhancements" might depreciate the helmets a bit but what would'nt we married men do to keep the peace? Trust me it works... the wife absolutly adores the Imperial Garde du Corps Kurassier Officer Soup serving dish with the upside down eagle decorated base, lobster tail pouring spout and scaled carrying handle I got "her" some years ago!

No doubt you'll find some great helmets Nick
    Regards

JC
    LMAO!
    Excellent advice!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6