Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

cased 1957 version Ritterkreuz. Need opinion!

Article about: My 1957 .. apparently from the 60's with an early 57 case.

?

Default cased 1957 version Ritterkreuz. Need opinion!

Hi guys,
    need opinions on this cased 1957 version knights cross(with ribbon of course). Three parts, magnetic core. Yet without hallmark. That's why I'm not sure if it's real or fake. thx
    Regards,
    Lianyi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture cased 1957 version Ritterkreuz. Need opinion!   cased 1957 version Ritterkreuz. Need opinion!  

cased 1957 version Ritterkreuz. Need opinion!   cased 1957 version Ritterkreuz. Need opinion!  

cased 1957 version Ritterkreuz. Need opinion!  
    Last edited by Adrian; 12-05-2011 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement cased 1957 version Ritterkreuz. Need opinion!
    P
    Many

Default Re: cased 1957 version knights cross. Need opinion!

bear in mind that im still getting there for 57ers so wait for steve to answer for sure
    imo this looks like it could actually be a prober job 57er (the finish doesn't look crude and crap like the fakes) i can't be sure but i don't think all are marked
    so thats what i think and im gonna get ready with the book to add notes

heres a link to another for extra info 57 Ritterkreuz !!

?

Quote by talltom View Post
    heres a link to another for extra info 57 Ritterkreuz !!
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. So are the unmarks have only plated silver frame but not solid silver? But I suppose mine could be a S&L.
    Regards,
    Lianyi

i have absouluty no idea steve will probably knowso id wait for him (hes the expert )

?

Default Re: cased 1957 version Ritterkreuz. Need opinion!

Hi Lianyi,
    A perfectly acceptable 1957 pattern Ritter Kreuz by Steinhauer & Luck with a 'B' type core. The 'B' type core has convex leaves as opposed to the 'A' type which had concave. I would judge this piece to be made in the early 1960s. Not all were marked so nothing to worry about in that respect. I'll post mine below for comparison. Note the difference in the style of the number '1's on the reverse date.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture cased 1957 version Ritterkreuz. Need opinion!   cased 1957 version Ritterkreuz. Need opinion!  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hi Lianyi,
    A perfectly acceptable 1957 pattern Ritter Kreuz by Steinhauer & Luck with a 'B' type core. The 'B' type core has convex leaves as opposed to the 'A' type which had concave. I would judge this piece to be made in the early 1960s. Not all were marked so nothing to worry about in that respect. I'll post mine below for comparison. Note the difference in the style of the number '1's on the reverse date.
    Hi Adrian,
    Thanks for your reply! I'm happy to know that my RK is a rather early type. One more question about the materials: does 'unmark' also mean that the frame is plated? Or all RKs' frames are in solid silver? Thx!
    Lianyi

?

I believe some were plated, some were in silver and the latest versions are in alloy. The early 'A' type might well be found in silver as they used leftover frames from wartime stock. I'm not sure your example is silver though.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Lianyi...as Adrian has stated a good 57er RK ! as an added bonus, ask seller if core is magnetic. The precise date is unknown when Steinhauer & Luck switched to non ferrous metal for their core production (sometime in the early-mid 1970's)...some "B" core RK's can be non magnetic, and that will affect its future desirability. In Steinhauer & Luck's catalogue, their RK frames were offered in both silver and silver plated..., a Knights Cross to suit every pocket ! Only the silver framed RK's are marked..usually "800" (silver content), no maker mark was ever displayed on "B" core crosses, and then only on very early "A" core crosses that had utilised war time left over frames....
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Lianyi...as Adrian has stated a good 57er RK ! as an added bonus, ask seller if core is magnetic. The precise date is unknown when Steinhauer & Luck switched to non ferrous metal for their core production (sometime in the early-mid 1970's)...some "B" core RK's can be non magnetic, and that will affect its future desirability. In Steinhauer & Luck's catalogue, their RK frames were offered in both silver and silver plated..., a Knights Cross to suit every pocket ! Only the silver framed RK's are marked..usually "800" (silver content), no maker mark was ever displayed on "B" core crosses, and then only on very early "A" core crosses that had utilised war time left over frames....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Hi Steve,
    Yeah my RK is magnetic so it could be an early version. Thanks for the info!
    Cheers,
    Lianyi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast