Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cased Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse for review - from Lot just bought

Article about: Hi everyone. I posted a lot of items that I found for sale by an older gentleman on craigslist about three weeks ago and just received the items. Here is the cased EK1. What are everyones th

Default Cased Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse for review - from Lot just bought

Attachment 1172780Cased Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse for review - from Lot just boughtCased Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse for review - from Lot just boughtCased Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse for review - from Lot just boughtHi everyone. I posted a lot of items that I found for sale by an older gentleman on craigslist about three weeks ago and just received the items. Here is the cased EK1. What are everyones thoughts? I will be sure to post more items for review and enjoyment. I think that most of the items look good, however, I am not versed in EK's. I don't see a makers mark on the back of this one and it looks like "hair marks" in the black part of the EK.

Thanks everyone
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cased Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse for review - from Lot just bought  
    Last edited by nbushyager; 03-04-2018 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cased Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse for review - from Lot just bought
    P
    Many

Its Rudolf Souval EK1, probably wartime genuine piece. Case also looking good.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Thanks Franko. What are those hair like strands in the black part of the EK? Just trying to learn.

That lines like veins appear because the rust which is beneath the black colour.
    Best regards,
    Franko

You can see at the edges of the iron core, next to the silver frame, presence of rust, so whole that iron core is probably rusty and than that veins start to apear on the black finish of the iron core.
    Best regards,
    Franko

?

You did well on that lot ! Looking forward to seeing the other items posted one by one. Congrats, Al

Although I dont like Rudolf Souval as a maker and especially his iron crosses and Heer, LW and KM badges, this is nice piece indeed, very good set.
    Best regards,
    Franko
    Last edited by Franjo Vuk; 03-03-2018 at 10:34 PM.

I have posted a couple more items to view, I have "from lot I just bought" in the title. Enjoy.

Quote by Aldo View Post
    You did well on that lot ! Looking forward to seeing the other items posted one by one. Congrats, Al

If you expect to receive help with these, please at least try to upload in the correct orientation.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ok. Seems like to get the pictures "normal" you have to turn you phone sideways when taking the picture. Got it. Thanks

Quote by rbminis View Post
    If you expect to receive help with these, please at least try to upload in the correct orientation.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Ralph.