Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Could anyone please offer any help on Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.

Article about: First off hello eveyone i am a new member here but hoped for some advice from the experts here, Could anyone please tell me if this ww2 iron cross class 2 looks genuine as i am hoping to buy

smokinggun
    ?

Default Could anyone please offer any help on Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.

First off hello eveyone i am a new member here but hoped for some advice from the experts here,
    Could anyone please tell me if this ww2 iron cross class 2 looks genuine as i am hoping to buy it but as i am no expert i am not sure,
    My dad gave me one as a young boy which he got from his dad, stupidly i pinned it to my jumper and went out with my mum, when we got back i only had the ribbon left so now i am grown up i would like to buy one again to put with his other medals.
    THANK YOU
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Could anyone please offer any help on Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-16-2011 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Could anyone please offer any help on IRON CROSS CLASS 2

Hi Welcome to the forum!

Your cross looks good, do you have any more pics to show and what is the number stamped on the ring?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Default Re: Could anyone please offer any help on Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
    Apologies for not seeing this thread sooner. I would like to see better, closer photos of the cross if possible and would like to know what the makers mark on the ribbon ring is. I'm not very convinced by it at first sight from the photo above. The ribbon is definitely a fake.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

i agree about the ribbon,,,the cross does look fishy,even with the ring marking,,

I agree with the above two comments.

The cross has an unusual appearance to me as well..........
    Regards,

Steve.

this cross is a fake. I dont like it

?

I would like to see better pics, but I'm not keen on it.

The ribbon doesn't look too clever,as Adrian says. The EK itself,i'd like to see better pics of. From these i'm not too keen. Stewy