Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dismantled ek1 (fake ?)

Article about: Hello everyone,i thought that this may be a useful reference to you all as you don't often get to see the manufacture style of the individual parts of an EK 1. At this point i will say that

Default Dismantled ek1 (fake ?)UPDATE

Hello everyone,i thought that this may be a useful reference to you all as you don't often get to see the manufacture style of the individual parts of an EK 1. At this point i will say that i believe this award to be a reproduction, but that being the case it was most probably produced post war from the original factory die's so will exhibit original manufacturing features.I personally found the way that the "raised ridge's"on the iron core itself fade away the nearer they get to the centre quite interesting(call me dull!!)as when the award is complete and together you cannot even see any ridge's and i was unaware of their existance!.It also appears that some kind of metal glue was used to hold the frame together as this has left a "shiny" silver residue on both sections.If anyone has any idea's as to the origins of this award(factory,period,modern fake or old fake) i would be very interested to hear, I hope this is of use and interest to you all. EXTRA PICTURE OF FRAME REVERSE. I just noticed that one of the arms has three lines on it(bottom arm on the picture)for what purpose i do not know!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dismantled ek1 (fake ?)   Dismantled ek1 (fake ?)  

Dismantled ek1 (fake ?)   Dismantled ek1 (fake ?)  

Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 11-13-2012 at 06:54 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dismantled ek1 (fake ?)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Dismantled ek1 (fake ?)

It looks like a period Souval but interesting parts pics, thank you for posting them.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

An original R. Souval of Vienna !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks for your replies gentlemen,nice to know it is period and not post war as i suspected!In my position would you reasemble it or keep it as it is for reference??

I would reassemble it

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Interesting piece, i thought the swastikas were solid and not hollow.
    I would keep it as is.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

I would leave it. Cool to look at the parts.

put it back in 1 piece.

I would leave it as it is. You can always buy a complete EKI but only a few collectors have EKI as You have.

?

Leave it as it is. It will never look quite right and collectors in the future will always view it as a put together piece.

It's come apart, it's part of the history of the piece, enjoy it for what it is, not what you might be able to make it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast