Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eichenlaub marked 900 21 opinions please

Article about: I'm not a RK collector, but I am interested in them. A fellow co-worker had some items of his Dads that he wanted me to look over. I was suprised to see a pair of oak leaves were in the ciga

Default Eichenlaub marked 900 21 opinions please

I'm not a RK collector, but I am interested in them. A fellow co-worker had some items of his Dads that he wanted me to look over. I was suprised to see a pair of oak leaves were in the cigar box. Sorry to say no RK. After looking over the oak leaves I'm still unsure if they are real or a darn good fake. I had showed this to a fellow collector, and a dealer friend. Both are not sure
    I can not see any casting markings on the sides or on the front or backside. I know that these oak leaves were hand finished and are not rubber stamped. I see a light vaining on the lower right bottom, but have seen some like this before. I like the pebbleing and the slight wear to the medal. I know the number 1 has a slight tail , but again hand stamped The weight is 6.2g height is 19.22 mm the width is 20.19mm. The leaves or the loop are not magnitized
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eichenlaub marked 900 21 opinions please   Eichenlaub marked 900 21 opinions please  

Last edited by Adrian; 07-12-2012 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eichenlaub marked 900 21 opinions please
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Oak leaves marked 900 21 opinions please

I moved this one to the EK forum as it relates to the RK. I've not had a chance to study this set yet but maybe one of the others can venture an opinion?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

The makers mark is not in the usual Godet style. There is a significant difference in font between an original mark and this one.

I think the 900 marking is okay from what I have seen on some different previous postings and the 21 is a bit off. Could it be that different jewelers/finishers had different stampings that the next guy? And since it was hand stamped the number die was struck at a slight angle.
    Just trying to learn here. Isn’t there going to be slight differences between pieces due impart to the hand finished oak leave? If I recall the weight and size is within the standard oakleaves size.

?

Default Re: Eichenlaub marked 900 21 opinions please

Don't worry, I'm learning too! I can understand differences in finishing and the fact no two clasps will be exactly the same but the stamp would've been put on by the maker, not a jeweller. Therefore the makers mark should be exactly the same. I've has a look at a few examples on the net and they all have the typical Godet style mark. The differences are very obvious. Of course, they might be from another maker and had a Godet stamp applied post war.......
    Here are a couple I've found on the net. I have no idea whose images they are but if the owner see this and lets me know I can credit or remove if they so wish.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eichenlaub marked 900 21 opinions please  

Markings aside, I don't care for the finish on this piece at all. The frosting looks quite different both color-wise and texturally from cased leaves that I've seen and the over all quality of the crispness and sharp clarity of the edges and veining of the leaves is just not there.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Any chance of a straight on pic of the front of the clasp in natural light please?

I'll get a straight on shot tommorrow

I'm with Wagriff on this one.

I'm not comfortable with the finish.

beyond this, I do not like the shape of it. look at the piece from behind and superimpose the shape of the silhouette over an original. there is something off with the first "indentations" to the immediate left and right of the loop at top. they are shallow.

perhaps i haven't seen enough of these and this is a known variant, but the shape is not what i have seen and, in fact, does not match the example posted by Adrian either.

Sorry this summer storms took out my electric for a couple days. Here are the new photos of the oakleaves
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eichenlaub marked 900 21 opinions please   Eichenlaub marked 900 21 opinions please  

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast