Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eichenlaub mit Schwertern und Brillanten.

Article about: A freind brought me this and wanted to know my opinion. I said you know only 27 of these were awarded right? He said yeah but insisted on finding out for sure so I told him I would post it h

?

Default Eichenlaub mit Schwertern und Brillanten.

A freind brought me this and wanted to know my opinion. I said you know only 27 of these were awarded right? He said yeah but insisted on finding out for sure so I told him I would post it here for your opinions. Please tell me why it is real or fake in your opinion so I have something worth while to report. Thanx a bunch guys. Lee
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eichenlaub mit Schwertern und Brillanten.   Eichenlaub mit Schwertern und Brillanten.  

Eichenlaub mit Schwertern und Brillanten.   Eichenlaub mit Schwertern und Brillanten.  

Eichenlaub mit Schwertern und Brillanten.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 08-11-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eichenlaub mit Schwertern und Brillanten.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Oakleaves, Swords and Diamonds

I wish I could see more detail of the stamping on the rear of the sword near the pin. I seem to see 935? Cannot read the other mark. Anyway, it is a fine piece of jewelry if not period and authentic to a RK.

?

It is K 935

You may have a winner. I will wait for the experts though. Good luck with that piece. If it is not real, it is a very well made item and appears to be solid gold although I cannot tell from only a photograph. The diamonds seem to be correctly placed and the workmanship is superb from a jeweler's point of view. You may want to have a jewelr with diamond and gold tester look at it also. If it is all good, it would be a very expensive fake at worst.

This is not an original Otto Klein made WWII Oak Leaves, Swords, and Brilliants to the Knight's Cross.

Bob Hritz

Bob, was Otto Klein the sole maker of these? Would you rate this as a post-war repro?

Quote by leej11 View Post
    It is K 935
    "K" is for Klein of Hanau It should be a small letter “k” within a circle followed by the silver content number being “935”.

The originals of this award should be made up of 4 pieces held in place by 3 pins and be of silver. There should be 58 diamonds claw mounted by hand.
    This would have been a high piece of workmanship, truly outstanding.

however, Oberst Hans-Ulrich Rudel was the only recipient of the Oak Leaves with Swords and Diamonds in Gold.

Personally I don't think the one you show has those traits

Yes, Klein of Hannau was the sole maker of the 2nd pattern Brilliants.

The illustrated piece lacks the detail, the three-dimentionality, and other traits of the original. I had owned one, in the past, and they are works of art, which is lacking in this example.

Bob Hritz

?

Thanks John. Those are some points I was looking for. I knew that they were made in Hanau which is about 15 min from me but didnt know that the K needed to be a k. I dont know if its a 4 peice looks more like a 2 or 3 and the diamond placement doesnt seem to have that quality. I really didnt inspect it that thoughrally because we were at a flömarkt and I was kinda like yeah right.

Too bad it is as expected, not real. How much were they asking fo this? Maybe if it is cheap enough it would make a nice display piece for a uniform or reenactor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast