Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Eichenlaub und Schwertern

Article about: Apologies if this is not the right forum to ask a question about a set of Eichenlaub und Schwertern, but I am new to the site. I came across this piece, along with some other bits and bobs,

Blackcat
    ?

Default Eichenlaub und Schwertern

Apologies if this is not the right forum to ask a question about a set of Eichenlaub und Schwertern, but I am new to the site.

I came across this piece, along with some other bits and bobs, from my grandfathers belongings.

I was hoping to get some expert views on likely authenticity. I've done a bit of research on these awards and I can't see any obvious reasons why this item would be a copy or fake, but I'm sure you guys will be able to provide a much better opinion.

On rear has 800 stamped, SiLBER, and L/50

Thanks

Eichenlaub und SchwerternEichenlaub und Schwertern

2. # ADS

?

If these are real they will be worth a few pennies... But I'm kinder thinking along the same lines as Harry here.. Fingers crossed. Cheers Terry.

I'm with Harry

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Blackcat
    ?

Thanks for the feedback guys. Any obvious flaws you can see from the photographs? The detail on them is very crisp and the photographs don't really do them justice.

Re quality not being good enough - any specific points?

If they are not originals, any ideas where / when they might have been made?

Thanks

Just look at the poor detail in the swords for example

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The grips on the swords are very soft-the blades are rough edged and poorly detailed. The soldered attachment points of the swords to the leaves is poorly done and sloppy and there is no sign of silver frosting on any parts of this anywhere. The right hand vein on the leaf is much too thick and wide. At the very best, these could be a jewelers copy, but I very much doubt it. It's just too crudely made. This award was a Horrendously high honor and only a very limited number(160) were actually awarded. Many examples seen today were never awarded at all, but were found unissued in the cases.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Wagriff just about summed it up.

?

Welcome to the forum. William has summed it up well.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....