Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Class

Article about: Hi guys, I was hoping you guys cold take a look at this cross and tell me if its good or bad? Also if its good who might the maker be? These are the best photos I have from the seller. My gu

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Class

Hi guys,

I was hoping you guys cold take a look at this cross and tell me if its good or bad? Also if its good who might the maker be? These are the best photos I have from the seller. My gut tells me there is something not right about it but I have yet to spend a lot of time studying any EK's. In fact the more I look at this cross the less I like it. The wide catch and pin set up does not look right to me.

Thanks for the help!

Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1. Class   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Class  

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Class   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Class  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Class
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 1. Class

Hi Kirby,
    It is a Souval cross. It looks good from my limited knowledge of these EKs. Not sure about the hardware on the back, this style of hinge and catch is known on Souval EK1s, but I'm unsure about the pin.
    Fabri is the man for EK1s, I'm sure he will be able to confirm either way.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Adrin,

You right I looked at my new copy of the Iron Cross 1. class by Dietrich Maerz ( I haven't had time to read it yet) and it does look like a Rudolf Souval. Im still interested in what others think of the cross. The dealer is asking $320.00 I think that might be a little bit pricey?

Thanks

Kirby

?

Hello
    it 's a Souval as Adrian has already sayd. But.. this type is controversial because the back set-up, someone thinks it 's a late,
    someone else thinks it 's postwar.
    Personally I 'm more for a not contemporary cross but I 've never bought one to study, I have just read and studied from pics.
    In my opinion it 's value is around $ 200 (if you considere it as original, they are pretty common).

Yep, $320 is too expensive, save your money for something better.

It looks similar to mine that I posted in this thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...nal-not-28748/

And that one was declared to be a post war souval.
    I canĀ“t also find that pin construction on any period cross on wehrmacht awards
    EK1 dictionary. And I also think that the price is way to high if it is real then.

Thanks for the additional comments and help guys. I will let this one go and wait for something better to come along.

Much appreciated!

Kirby

?

As the other guys says, way too much for a Souval!