MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse

Article about: Hi guys, I know the pictures aren't the best but based on what is shown can anyone give me some indication of authenticity. Thanks for the help! Kirby

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse

Hi guys, I know the pictures aren't the best but based on what is shown can anyone give me some indication of authenticity. Thanks for the help!
    Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse   Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse

It's a Floch fake, not original so I would stay well away and save your money.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

It is a "Floch" reproduction. . .

Here are some other examples of the handiwork of Johannes Floch. . .

You guys are the greatest! This is going to be auctioned of locally tomorrow and I thought I might bid on it. Thanks for keeping me out of trouble. I'm still going to the auction to check out some other stuff but Ill be careful not to buy anything I'm not 100% sure of. It will be interesting to see what it sells for. I hope some poor fellow doesn't get screwed!
    Kirby

I have been reading about Flochs recently.

Did you identify it br the pin block?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    I have been reading about Flochs recently.

Did you identify it br the pin block?

Nick
    Hi Nick,
    The pin style, referred to as the 'B' type (shown on the top example posted by Bill above) and also by the date. The '3' is very distinctive.

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    Hi Nick,
    The pin style, referred to as the 'B' type (shown on the top example posted by Bill above) and also by the date. The '3' is very distinctive.
    Well spotted I can hardly see the 3 on kirbys pic!

The pin is a rounded B type and there is a cut out at the upper end.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    The pin is a rounded B type and there is a cut out at the upper end.

Nick
    Yes, the second example from Bill shows the 'A' type.

Hey guys I was at the auction today and this sold for about $220.00. I wanted to yell out that it was fake when the auctioneer announced it as 100% authentic but I wasn't sure how that would go so I keep my mouth shut. I did some more research on these Floch badges before the auction and was able to quickly identify a gold wound badge that was there as a Floch fake. I think that one sold for around 150 or so. There was also a really bad German Cross that went for $100.00. I feel bad for the guys that buy this stuff but at the same time think its there responsibility to some some research before buying anything. I'm sure some of them know what they are buying but have no problem passing it on for a profit to some poor unsuspecting fellow.

Thanks again to everyone that participates on this forum. You guys keep me coming back and when I can do my part to make the red bar at the top of the forum screen a little greener.

Thanks very much

Kirby

?

Quote by Element7 View Post
    I feel bad for the guys that buy this stuff but at the same time think its there responsibility to some some research before buying anything.
    That's the key statement, there must be an awful lot of collections around that consist largely of fake items that the owners mistakenly believe are worth a fortune.
    Know what you're buying and don't risk your own hard earned cash on a whim. At least you asked the question before parting with any dollars, I wish more people would do that instead of wanting to be wise after the event.