Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse

Article about: I apologise in advance for these pictures, I normally put up good ones. I got permission from the chap who said I could show the pics but the link to his website wasn't working so I had to t

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse

I apologise in advance for these pictures, I normally put up good ones. I got permission from the chap who said I could show the pics but the link to his website wasn't working so I had to take pictures of his pictures basically.

I'm thinking of buying an iron cross, this one is maker marked L15, might be a test for you guys as they aren't great pics but any thoughts on how this looks? It's for sale at £135. However, I was hoping to get an Iron Cross 1st Class with a box, which he does have, marked 4, but that is £335. Pricey stuff!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse   Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse  

Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse   Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse

This is a Souval/Orth cross. All the features of a Souval but marked for Friedrich Orth.

Take a look in the 'Useful Reference Links' thread and go to the EK1 site linked there for some more information on this variation.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse

Thanks Ade, where am I looking for the reference links? So did Orth actually make this from Souval dies? (Isn't Souval the dodgy one that went on making after the war so we don't know what of his is period or not?).