Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse?

Article about: hallo guys, A guy bought this Ek1 as an original, but found out it is a fake? it looks good to me, but I am not the expert. Could you tell me what too look for with these awards?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse?

hallo guys,

A guy bought this Ek1 as an original, but found out it is a fake?
    it looks good to me, but I am not the expert. Could you tell me what too look for with these awards?Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse?Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse?Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse?
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-15-2015 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse?
    P
    Many

That is indeed a fake...Everything about it....All the information you need is right here on this forum, worth the research...
    cheers, Glenn

This one is post war Souval made; based on the "Schinkel B" design. It sports a typical late 57 production St&L hardware with the so called large C catch and probably an open hinge block as well?

Here is another one, although with thicker beading and an earlier hardware.

Regards

bad.

At least I was luckier when I bought mine, it was only £10 from a sci-fi stall - although it did look original to me!

[QUOTE=Nick Hessens;1366865]This one is post war Souval made; based on the "Schinkel B" design. It sports a typical late 57 production St&L hardware with the so called large C catch and probably an open hinge block as well?
    +1
    Here is another one, although with thicker beading and an earlier hardware.

I've made a friend that has collected for almost 40 years that has been kind enough to take me under his wing and teach me what to look for. But it's so much to take in and really gives me a lot of respect for the people who have collected and are nice enough to share their knowledge.
    Some I've encountered are grumpy and act like you should know everything already and are quite condescending when someone asks about an item that turns out to be fake. If they don't ask, how will they know? The only stupid question it's the one you don't ask.
    Everyone starts learning somewhere.

+1
    Quote by Danny Warlick View Post
    I've made a friend that has collected for almost 40 years that has been kind enough to take me under his wing and teach me what to look for. But it's so much to take in and really gives me a lot of respect for the people who have collected and are nice enough to share their knowledge.
    Some I've encountered are grumpy and act like you should know everything already and are quite condescending when someone asks about an item that turns out to be fake. If they don't ask, how will they know? The only stupid question it's the one you don't ask.
    Everyone starts learning somewhere.