MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - 65 K&Q for opinions

Article about: Considering an EK1, and wanted to run it past everyone for opinions first. Thanks all!!!! Scott

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - 65 K&Q for opinions

Considering an EK1, and wanted to run it past everyone for opinions first. I believe this to be a good one compared to other examples I've compared it to. Seems to have the right pin and catch setup, and the beefy swastika and lettering I'm seeing elsewhere....

Thanks all!!!!

Scott

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - 65 K&Q for opinions
    P
    Many

A nice example in good condition Scott!
    It still retains most of it's frosting on the beading. If you like you can compare to my example posted here. A different case but that doesn't really matter as these were mated and switched often by collectors.
    Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, 65 Klein&Quenzer
    Congrats,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Its a lovely example Scott, go for it

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Ralph! Thanks for the feedback and link to your lovely example. I think this one might have some frosting, but I had asked the seller a while back for another photo to clarify a question I had, and in that one it didn't look quite as frosty as these photos show. So, I figure I can expect maybe a little frosting and be pleasantly surprised if it looks as good as these photos show.

On the cases, can I pose a question? I know some cases have the maker printed on the inner lid, but otherwise is it possible to tell if a certain case style belongs with a maker? I've always just assumed makers would buy cases from different producers at different times, and so they would vary and we could never really know if it was the original case unless it is labeled such. But I don't know if that's a correct assumption or not.... I'm fond of the case style yours is paired with, with the rectangle push button, and some have the inner cartons with beveled edges that give them a luxury look that is quite pleasant.

I believe the cases with the rectangular button and squarer corners are later than the one with your example.
    Other than that, you will have to ask the EK gurus.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

a very nice EK1.get it.

Thanks guys, I'm going to try to pick it up. Will know soon I hope.