Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Article about: All good mood! 1.Who is the manufacturer of the cross? The needle can be repaired.

BTR
    ?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

All good mood!
    1.Who is the manufacturer of the cross?
    The needle can be repaired.
    Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse
    Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-26-2018 at 07:49 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse
    P
    Many

Can't vouch for the manufacturer of the cross, but I am intrigued by the Cyrillic writing scratched on the reverse. Would be interested to know what it says. Potentially a very unique piece, whatever the manufacturer.

B.B.

As BB says an interesting piece. The hinge attachment at the top seems a little flimsy usually a larger step block style, the inner corners seem rather round as well, the pin also seems a tad on the long side; however it doesn't rule it out as a fake. Possibly characteristics of a specific manufacturer. Are there any maker marks? and can we see a picture from the side to ensure it is of three piece construction? The inscription on the reverse seems rather new and shiny compared to the rest of the cross. JMO. Best regards.

Brian

The first word appears to be "прапорщикъ" or "ensign", whereas the second word, or what can be deciphered of it, appears to be "семенкпавеа" or possibly "семенкова", a last name, Semenkova...

BTR
    ?

So informative?
    Photo inscriptions from a different angle.
    The inscription reads: Ensign (military rank) Semenyak Pavel.
    Little is found on the information on this man - only his photo dated 1916 and "Ostvolker" 1 class, also with an inscription.

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse
    Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse
    Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse
    Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

BTR
    ?

Experts where are you?
    Cross genuine?

Hey BTR I m going to say with the new pictures it s looking alot better. If I had to put a maker to it I would say it's an unmarked Deschler. I'm not sure about the inscription however being period. Nick and or Sanya will be along to chime in I'm sure and they will know 100 percent. Best regards.

Brian

Compare here to Woolgar's example hinge setup is slightly higher but otherwise it's close.

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse
    Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Finally! I have an EK1 mm 1

Eisernes Kreuz 1. KlasseEisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Correction looking further I think the maker is B.H. Mayer. Compare to this cross here. Kindest regards.

Brian

my first iron cross 1st. class

Another Myer obverse for comparison. From the previous pictures posted the reverse hardware matches up much better, especially the catch.

Eisernes Kreuz 1. KlasseEisernes Kreuz 1. KlasseEisernes Kreuz 1. KlasseEisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 10-24-2017 at 11:39 AM.

BTR
    ?

Yes, it is most likely type L / 18.
    Here is a specific defect on the frame inherent in this manufacturer.
    Or am I wrong?
    Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

I know there are die flaws for alot of EK makers and their different variants but I'm not 100 percent certain where and with each. But I m confident with the Mayer attribute. As said Nick or Sanya will know for certain. But it's still a thumbs up from me. Best regards.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast