Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Article about: I have an I C 1ST KLASSE that is not magnetic. and it has an odd rounded 3 in the date. the pin is stamped L/17 on it. I am new to collecting, so excuse my ignorance on this subject. I could

?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

I have an I C 1ST KLASSE that is not magnetic. and it has an odd rounded 3 in the date. the pin is stamped L/17 on it. I am new to collecting, so excuse my ignorance on this subject. I couldn't find any information on this badge. was it made in SCHENKL form? thanks for any information.
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-06-2020 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse
    P
    Many

Please read this thread regarding posting in this section.
    The Use of German Terminology.

We would be able to help a little more if you post good front and reverse photos.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

the computer that I have is a stinking lap top that will not let me post photos of objects. sorry I should have made this aware in my posting of my question. I apologize. I hope some one can still help me with my query?

If it has a rounded 3 in the date and is marked 17, then it is a fake or a post-war mash-up. All rounded 3 iron crosses were unmarked. Here is my 2nd class as an example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse  

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse  

?

thecyclist64, great can't thank you enough for the come back and information that you supplied to my query. this is how we learn the knowledge supplied from others that are willing to help the less informed. again, thanks.

?

Default rounded 3

could any one please tell me why a rounded 3 was used on certain EK1 and EK2 EK'S ? and is it known who manufactured them? thanks in advance.

Quote by toot View Post
    could any one please tell me why a rounded 3 was used on certain EK1 and EK2 EK'S ? and is it known who manufactured them? thanks in advance.
    It is thought by some that Deschler made them, all, late war.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

rbminis, thanks for the come back information on who made them and when. any information on why the rounded 3 was used?

Hi Toot

Have a look at all the threads on this forum, there are many discussions on the Round 3. Just type it in to the search function

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

woolgar, thank you man. I am new to this and will do as you say as soon as I can find the search section?