Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse good or bad?

Article about: Hello, I am planning on purchasing this EK1 the price is up there but I think it’s about what you’d expect to pay. I need one for the collection and this one is in beautiful condition. It lo

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse good or bad?

Hello, I am planning on purchasing this EK1 the price is up there but I think it’s about what you’d expect to pay. I need one for the collection and this one is in beautiful condition. It looks good to me but before spending a chuck of change like this, I’d like some more opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse good or bad?   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse good or bad?  

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse good or bad?   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse good or bad?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse good or bad?
    P
    Many

Hello, sorry I forgot to mention the price, it is on a bid ending in around seven days. Current asking is $300. Is that too much??

Cheers
    Bodhi

Looks very similar to my own unmarked example, right down the case! For the sake of reference, mine is an unmarked Wilhelm Deumer.

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse good or bad?Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse good or bad?Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse good or bad?Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse good or bad?

That price sounds about right for a cased award. That's about the equivalent of what I paid in Euros. As for authenticity, I'm afraid I can't be of help. It looks fine to me, but I only have the one example to compare to.

Regards, B.B.

Thank you very much! I was wondering about price because when I first looked at buying on a couple years ago the price wasn’t as much, it’s crazy how fast things go up in price. I also must say yours is in very good condition!

Thanks,
    Bodhi

Unfortunately, that’s true in all areas of militaria collecting. Prices will continue to rise as long as the demand keeps up, which it will.

It’s good to see more younger collectors on the forum as of late!

Regards, B.B.

Looks like a nice frosty Deumer.

Compare the two swastikas, Bohdi's example looks much thinner

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hello thanks for the reply, you say it looks like a Deumer, the seller says it’s by C.E. Junker? Are they wrong?

PS these are the only photos I can get.

Cheers
    Bodhi

Definitely not a Juncker. There is no cross-hatching on the inner corners of the beading and pin is not Juncker

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hello thank you very much! I will not be calling it a Juncker, as I would of without your help. Sorry about the late reply just got home form school and work.

Thanks,
    Bodhi
    Last edited by BodhiEtheridge; 01-08-2020 at 01:34 AM.

Hello, again the price is now $360, that’s right on my price range limit. Is this still a reasonable sum of money to pay for the EK1??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast