Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse I waited a long time for this

Article about: Gents, Once (in my younger years, in the 1970īs ), I spent, what I considered then, a fortune , on an unmessed with "battlefield worn" EK I. In those early years of my interest in

Jan
    ?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse I waited a long time for this

Gents,

Once (in my younger years, in the 1970īs ), I spent, what I considered then, a fortune , on an unmessed with "battlefield worn" EK I. In those early years of my interest in WWII history this item represented nothing more than a picture in a Alistair MacLean movie and in 1986 I sold it to a very reputable dealer in Finland https://www.holmasto.fi/ .

The words of the professioneal buyer stuck to my mind as he said "Donīt worry, itīs only an item, sometime You will be able to buy even an better one".

Well, the years passed but never did I encounter anythin like that 70īs battlefield worn EK until a couple of weeks back. Needless to say I bought it at once, from a reputable dealer once again.

Finding these kind of unmessed with examples is very, very hard in 2016. I was very lucky. This Iron cross even came with the smell of the house/box it was "buried in" since 1945. This EKI will be a central piece in an upcoming WWII exhibition in Finland. After the exhibition I will donate it to the local museum.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2676.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	223.8 KB 
ID:	928483   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2680.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	217.2 KB 
ID:	928484  

Last edited by rbminis; 01-25-2016 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Very nice! Do you have a shot of the reverse?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Jan
    ?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Very nice! Do you have a shot of the reverse?

Nick
    Wait a sec.

Best, Jan

Like it, as Nick said a picture of the reverse would be great, thanks, Juan

Jan
    ?

Some more pictures here.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2680.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	217.2 KB 
ID:	928507   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2681.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	928508  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2682.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	224.5 KB 
ID:	928509   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2683.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	224.4 KB 
ID:	928510  

Name:	IMG_2684.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	227.4 KB 
ID:	928511   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2685.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	213.3 KB 
ID:	928512  

Name:	IMG_2686.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	224.4 KB 
ID:	928513  

MAP
    ?

True. You don't see them like this often. At least I don't see them. Wonderful wear and patina.

You know, I have a little "museum" in my house that you can display it in LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Jan
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    True. You don't see them like this often. At least I don't see them. Wonderful wear and patina.

You know, I have a little "museum" in my house that you can display it in LoL
    Just happy to share with You. Most people here know the seller here so I wonīt go into that. Just saying Heīs the best

Jan

Jan
    ?

I will take this EK to a professional museum laboratory tomorrow as there seems to be a name inscribed to it. Hopefully we will get a name here.

Best, Jan

Nice indeed, nice wear and patina, do you know by any chance the maker?, is it maybe Deumer, just wandering

Jan
    ?

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Nice indeed, nice wear and patina, do you know by any chance the maker?, is it maybe Deumer, just wandering
    Not yet, I bought it as an unmarked example (and it seems to be one)

Bet, Jan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast