Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - Japanese made?

Article about: Hello all. Did the Japanese make many EK1's. I found this today, and it certainly looks like it might be an original. But, it's the first I've seen. I've read they were made for German sailo

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - Japanese made?

Hello all. Did the Japanese make many EK1's? I found this today, and it certainly looks like it might be an original. But, it's the first I've seen with a Japanese maker mark. I've read they were made for German sailors stationed in Tokyo.

44mm wide/tall, magnetic core, core may be a repaint...

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by avenger; 08-16-2015 at 04:02 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - Japanese made?
    P
    Many

i have never seen japanese ek1s before but i have heard of japanese soldiers in the wehrmacht so perhaps it was a collab?

They were made for Germans stationed in Japan, but I found text indicating they were solid silver. This piece wouldn't be magnetic if it were solid silver, and the frame looks a little uneven in places although it still matches one I found on WAF that people seem to think is good. And, while this maker stamp is shown in the Dietrich/Simpson book, there's question on if they didn't print a fake by mistake...I'm getting the impression they didn't maker mark the originals? No doubt if this is as rare as it sounds like it is, it has had its share of fakes as well.

An interesting type for study for sure...and no doubt likely a nice cautionary example for the forum. Certainly one above my level to accurately appraise.
    Last edited by avenger; 08-16-2015 at 04:32 PM.