Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse , L13 ?

Article about: Hi Everyone . I would appreciate any comments on this which I believe to be a ground dug EKI , marked L13. Its been trashed elsewhere as not up to German quality etc ....? Annoyed from this

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse , L13 ?

Hi Everyone . I would appreciate any comments on this which I believe to be a ground dug EKI , marked L13. Its been trashed elsewhere as not up to German quality etc ....?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse , L13 ?   Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse , L13 ?  

Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse , L13 ?   Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse , L13 ?  

Last edited by Adrian; 02-07-2015 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse , L13 ?
    P
    Many

Now that is not a Meybauer pin, what do you think Sanya?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Any more thoughts on this one?

I have compared it to those shown here:

L/13 Paul Meybauer, Berlin - Pinback - EK1 DNA

Not looking good from what I can see.....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Porosity on the reverse suggests a cast backplate, often seen on fake Panzerkampfabzeichens etc. Makers mark appears extremely crude to me and unacceptable.

But hey, EK's ain't my thing really.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Yes , thanks for input guys . I see now . This was heavily patinated and came via a colleague who collected Crimean War dug up artifacts . Someone had repainted the core so I stripped it revealing copper around the swastika and date . I noted the L/13 is crudely stamped and the edge of the pin too sharp. Also the porosity ...I was stretching imagination wondering if acid in the soil corroded it ! . Its not a bad copy , 44mm and magnetic core .
    But was a freebe so will be ok as space filler on a tunic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse , L13 ?