Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse L15 Opinions

Article about: I've had this EK1 since about 1995. I was never sure if it was good. I've read all of the threads on the L15 marked EK1's, and I am still confused. It seems like a few might be good. Some sa

?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse L15 Opinions

I've had this EK1 since about 1995. I was never sure if it was good. I've read all of the threads on the L15 marked EK1's, and I am still confused. It seems like a few might be good. Some say all L15's are post war. I'm leaning toward it being bad, but, I would like some opinions, or, confirmation. The pics might not be the best, sorry for that. Thank you in advance, Rob.

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse  L15 OpinionsEisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse  L15 OpinionsEisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse  L15 Opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse  L15 Opinions
    P
    Many

My understanding is that L15's are post war and L/15's are original war time.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks, Ralph, that's what I got from some of the threads, but, it also seems debatable. That's why I was kinda confused.... Rob.

?

If you have the book "Iron Cross 1st Class" you will see this cross on page 139. If you don't I am copying Dietrich comments from another forum "IMO the L15 pin is an original product of F. Orth. They somehow mixed the their 15 with the LDO designation "L" and produced this faulty stamp. They sued it for some time before they realized the mistake. Later on the pins were used to produce post-war products, such as the Souval-hybrids and the Austrian fake.

One can see the same L15 pin on perfectly original KVK 1." Jim

this is a Floch copy