Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse maker 100 please see pictures

Article about: hi thanks for looking i recently purchased this iron cross class 1 with a maker mark 100 on it please see pic's any feedback on what people think of it would be nice regards and thanks for l

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse maker 100 please see pictures

hi thanks for looking i recently purchased this iron cross class 1 with a maker mark 100 on it please see pic's any feedback on what people think of it would be nice

regards and thanks for looking

happy collecting
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse maker 100 please see pictures   Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse maker 100 please see pictures  

Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse maker 100 please see pictures  
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-16-2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse maker 100 please see pictures
    P
    Many

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse maker 100 please see pictures

Not a W&L imo

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Can you take any better pics please?

It is not a Wachtler & Lange EK.

It is a Round Three (note the top of the '3' in the date) and if original will be worth in excess of £500 but I'm not convinced at all of it being a genuine wartime piece.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

the maker mark on it is 100 could it be a later war model ?

?

There is no way this is a Wachtler & Lange EK.

Wachtler & Lange didn't make a Round Three EK1. There are three variants of the R3 EK1 and this isn't one of them. The makers mark doesn't even look like a legitimate mark from this company.

ok gents thanks for your input i will contact the shop i had it from tomorrow i am totally gutted

?

I would definitely seek to get a refund as I believe this is a fake cross as is bears no resemblance to any known wartime variant or maker.

There is an EK1 reference site which you can find in the pinned 'Useful Reference Links' thread on the main Orders and Decorations page. Take a look at the Round Three crosses there and also the W&L and compare to this one.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I would definitely seek to get a refund as I believe this is a fake cross as is bears no resemblance to any known wartime variant or maker.

There is an EK1 reference site which you can find in the pinned 'Useful Reference Links' thread on the main Orders and Decorations page. Take a look at the Round Three crosses there and also the W&L and compare to this one.
    This is good advice

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem