MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse - which maker

Article about: Hi everybody. The second of my purchases today is this Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse. The pin is very rusty and if it ever had a maker's mark, it has now disappeared. I have been on Stefan's websi

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse - which maker

Hi everybody. The second of my purchases today is this Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse. The pin is very rusty and if it ever had a maker's mark, it has now disappeared. I have been on Stefan's website and I think it might be maker number 24, Arbeitsgeneinschaft Hanau. What do others think? I am also lookong for comments on authenticity please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse - which maker   Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse - which maker  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse - which maker
    P
    Many

The outer corners of the obverse beading look like a Souval to me.
    Wait for other opinions.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

yes a Souval but a typical the post war type,, not war time period

Quote by Eisernes Kreuz 2 View Post
    yes a Souval but a typical the post war type,, not war time period
    How can you tell the difference?

I just thought that I would bump this up to try and get an answer to my question above. The example I have posted doesn't have the Souval Claw, nor does it look like the Souval example in this thread: 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1 repro?.

I have been on Stefan's EK1 DNA web site and mine looks just like his WWII Souval example.

So back to my original question: In what way is mine a post-war example?

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    The example I have posted doesn't have the Souval Claw,
    Actually, the one you posted does have the typical Souval beading, that is what helped me to determine that it appeared to be a Souval.
    Check the beading on the outer corners on yours.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph, that's exactly what I did when you first mentioned it, I looked on Stefan's website and his WWII also has the same beading. So just to be clear, is it pre 1945, or post 1945? Sorry to be such a pain, but if I am to take it back, I need to know.

Here is one of the first EK I's that I bought when I started collecting. I believed it was a war time cross, but as time went on and I learned a little about crosses, I soon came to the conclusion that it was likely post war made. These are made from war time tooling if I am not mistaken.
    I suggest you compare the pin shape, and the catch with war time accepted crosses on Stephan's site and come to your own conclusion.
    Ralph.

Thanks for that Ralph. I have since cleaned the rust off the pin and it looks very much like your example. It also looks similar to Stefan's type 1 example. Either way, the amount of money I paid for it wasn't too bad and I'm actually quite happy to keep it.

Hí guys sorry the late answer .
    here is a little help about the Souval types ,not a easy topic.

The front frame have a typical flaw on the frame ( unfortunately the Souval company made crosses with original parts (it will remain during the war, but not used with parts )
    And these the tools used the late crosses too

And after war these pieces , they put together.

On the war time period types ,always have :

The inner core always have pedestal.
    On the back plate the hook was made round wire , and not flat lamina

on this the needle has a such type scratch ,( this damage made was likely to be done by the tool when the needle was made ) but the over time, they faded. ( therefore the late pieces already this the efect no appear.

Lot of after war type was made ,wartime period front made front frame too ,but not yet will be good piece.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse - which maker   Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse - which maker  

Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse - which maker   Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse - which maker  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast