Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse mit Etui & Cardboard Box - Realistic Market Value ?

Article about: I recently found a 1939 Iron Cross with case and original cardboard box The Iron Cross and case are both in Mint Condition. The cardboard box has noticeable rips, tears, and ancillary writin

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse mit Etui & Cardboard Box - Realistic Market Value ?

I recently found a 1939 Iron Cross with case and original cardboard box

The Iron Cross and case are both in Mint Condition. The cardboard box has noticeable rips, tears, and ancillary writing (in pen) on the underside. Maker is B.G. Mayer of Pforzheim.

Any opinions of realistic market value (in US Dollars) would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse mit Etui & Cardboard Box - Realistic Market Value ?   Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse mit Etui & Cardboard Box - Realistic Market Value ?  

Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse mit Etui & Cardboard Box - Realistic Market Value ?   Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse mit Etui & Cardboard Box - Realistic Market Value ?  

Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse mit Etui & Cardboard Box - Realistic Market Value ?   Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse mit Etui & Cardboard Box - Realistic Market Value ?  

Last edited by Adrian; 04-12-2014 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse mit Etui & Cardboard Box - Realistic Market Value ?
    P
    Many

?

looks like a real nice one.

Hello Zermatt welcome to the forum. I don't want to comment on authenticity or what someone should pay for an item. But their is a similar set different manufacturer but EK1 presentation case and cardboard box minty for sale on the collectors guild website. It s worth taking a look for comparison. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck and best regards.

Brian

?

Typical B.H. Mayer piece in good condition, possibly from the Russian hoard.

Always a desirable set for a collector so should be easy to sell at the right price.

If you find a similar set on a dealer site, remember their prices will be higher to accommodate expenses and profit.

If you sell this privately on a collector to collector basis you should look to be cheaper than a dealer.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Any idea what the writing says ? I'm terrible at reading joint crazy hand writing.

It says 'only to be opened by the receiver'

Nice set indeed!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Indeed a very nice set.

that's a cracker.

?

Very nice indeed, but for the cardboard box it adds an extra ton or more, harsh on the pocket! But then again they are as mint as they come ...... maybe one day

A very nice set indeed!

Can you just imagine how pleased the previous collector was to be given this minty set... to be immediately followed by the horror of discovering that the well-intentioned giver had written on the cardboard box in ballpoint pen!!
    "Just another medal for your collection. From..... "

I imagine that this is why the box has been torn - to remove the name of the person who gave it. It really is a shame.

Regards - Danny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast