Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. klasse from Museum collection in Chicago, fake I assume?

Article about: Hi, I have had this cross on the "miss" table of reproduction nazi items we have come across while collecting over the years. Before I write it off is there a chance I could be ple

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. klasse from Museum collection in Chicago, fake I assume?

Hi, I have had this cross on the "miss" table of reproduction nazi items we have come across while collecting over the years. Before I write it off is there a chance I could be plesantly surprised or is this a dud for sure.

Not familiar with this model, I have a few EK2's with ribbons or envelopes, but I dont have experience with pin back ones. Actually was part of the Hartung museums collection outside Chicago where I bought a HUGE lot of ww1 and ww2 items including uniforms and pins and field equiptment from every army in the World, all formerly on display at Mr. Leeroy Hartungs museum (google him!)

Anyway just wondering! Thanks Everyone. I have Sooo many more items to go through, lots to do this week.

Eisernes Kreuz 1. klasse from Museum collection in Chicago, fake I assume?Eisernes Kreuz 1. klasse from Museum collection in Chicago, fake I assume?Eisernes Kreuz 1. klasse from Museum collection in Chicago, fake I assume?Eisernes Kreuz 1. klasse from Museum collection in Chicago, fake I assume?

- - Updated - -

The back is soo smooth this struck me as being die struck not cast if im not mistaken. It was already in my "miss" collection so no hard feelings. Just hope Mr Hartung didn't get burned back a generation ago when he put his medals collection together.
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-05-2012 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. klasse from Museum collection in Chicago, fake I assume?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Iron Cross from Museum collection in Chicago, fake I assume?

Sorry....not good. The thin date numbers are always a giveaway.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The thin date makes it bad to me too.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

yes its a fake, the cross is one piece and the makers mark looks like L/17from the pics, which doesnt exist

Cheers

Rory

Its unfortunate that it is a fake, but as many others have said "many a landmine in this field" we call a hobby!

Does it look like the swastika is "floating" to anybody else as it does to me?

?

A well known fake found with many pin configurations and makers marks unfortunately

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 1. klasse from Museum collection in Chicago, fake I assume?

The ribbing on the frame is just terrible.

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 1. klasse from Museum collection in Chicago, fake I assume?

If this badge was from part of a large lot on display, you may want to give the other pieces a closer going over just to be safe. Any that you're not 100% on, just post them here.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."