Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, non magnetic, intact clasp identification help please. Is it a fake?

Article about: Hello there, this is my first post. i hope its up to scratch I recently payed an exorbitant amount on an iron cross from a reputable online source. i am worried its not authentic though, bec

?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, non magnetic, intact clasp identification help please. Is it a fake?

Hello there, this is my first post. i hope its up to scratch

I recently payed an exorbitant amount on an iron cross from a reputable online source.
    i am worried its not authentic though, because its non magnetic, and has no markings.

here is the front Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, non magnetic, intact clasp identification help please. Is it a fake?
    The seller claims that the medal was repainted sometime in its history. Is this a common occurrence? does it reduce the value of it?

it appears to be made from 2 parts, a front silver part, and a rear brass or similar metal part.
    The whole thing is non magnetic.

here is the side of the medal.
    Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, non magnetic, intact clasp identification help please. Is it a fake?

Sory the picture is crap, it does show the definite trasition though.

there are no markings on the rear, its just a pin.

sory about the poor quality.

The clasp is quite similar to this one (in fact it may be one of these medals i dont know)

Hearts and Daggers: German WW2 Iron Cross First (1st) Class brass core

Any help in identification, would be apreciated. i would like to know how common they are, and how much they are worth if possible...

Thanks very much!
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-18-2013 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, non magnetic, intact clasp identification help please. Is it a fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1939 iron cross, non magnetic, intact clasp identification help please. Is it a fake?

Pics of the back are wretchedly bad. I would think you need to reshoot and post sharp well lit pics before you can expect to get meaningful help.

If you don't mind being asked, what is this "exorbitant amount" you paid? Maybe who the online dealer happens to be is also a factor?

I've bought several items here, all from one seller, and have been extremely happy with the items.

?

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, non magnetic, intact clasp identification help please. Is it a fake?

Welcome to the forum, thank you for posting.

From these images I would say the cross looks like it's original and the core has had a repaint. You will need to post clear, straight on front and back shots for anyone to be able to help you further. There is a pinned thread in the main Orders and Decorations forum with photographic hints and tips.

Repainting of the cores does happen although it is never advised and it does reduce value. The Eisernes Kreuz is made in three parts, a back, a front frame and a core which could be made from a few different materials.

If you can post some better pics we should be able to tell you the maker and an estimate on value. Out of curiosity, how much did you pay?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, non magnetic, intact clasp identification help please. Is it a fake?

What is a exorbitant amount to you?

?

Well i guess its only exorbitant, if its fake. i payed $300 and the site i got it from is this one. Coins of the Nazi German Third Reich from luckylukeonline

Here are some better pictures from a better camera.

tell me what you think.

thanks

Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, non magnetic, intact clasp identification help please. Is it a fake?Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, non magnetic, intact clasp identification help please. Is it a fake?Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, non magnetic, intact clasp identification help please. Is it a fake?Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, non magnetic, intact clasp identification help please. Is it a fake?Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, non magnetic, intact clasp identification help please. Is it a fake?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, non magnetic, intact clasp identification help please. Is it a fake?   Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, non magnetic, intact clasp identification help please. Is it a fake?  

Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, non magnetic, intact clasp identification help please. Is it a fake?   Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, non magnetic, intact clasp identification help please. Is it a fake?  

?

$300 is a very high price for a cross in this condition. You can buy a perfectly good original EK1 for about $200 if you shop around.

Please don't ever buy one like this at that price again, in fact I would go so far as to suggest you seek your money back from 'luckyluke'. That kind of name for a militaria seller does not inspire confidence. He sounds like a dodgy second hand car salesman or back street turf accountant!

Now you've joined the forum I would advise you to post any potential purchase before you part with any cash. There are many experienced collectors here who will offer you good advice on what's good and what's not.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Oh god, now i have buyers remorese!

well how much would mine be worth actually? and is it authentic? is it a kriegsmarine EK?

Thanks for youe help. and by the way, do you think this is a good deal? Third Reich NSDAP Membership Badge from Luckylukeonline

and do you think this is an authentic first edition? one of only 500 ever made? super rare original 1925 first edition copy of Adolf Hitlers Mein Kampf if so do you think its reasonably priced? i am thinking of buying it. What do you reckon?

It could be an S&L. A very similar pin set up

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

You'll find better party badges than those on the site you showed. As Adrian said, shop around and post picks before buying.
    This forum's classified section is a good place to start.

Tom

I'd only pay maybe 150us for it. At this time , I can find near mint marked examples for 225us. However, I do not know anything about rarity which is of course a factor as well. I suspect your is worth around 175.

Add: I'd get my money back if I were you btw if possible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast