Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 1st Class 1939 by Paul Meybauer, Berlin.

Article about: Hi Guys, here we have two EKI's by the same manufacturer, Paul Meybauer, Berlin. I find EK's very difficult to photograph, so please excuse the less than perfect pics. The first one shown is

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1st Class 1939 by Paul Meybauer, Berlin.

Hi Guys, here we have two EKI's by the same manufacturer, Paul Meybauer, Berlin.

I find EK's very difficult to photograph, so please excuse the less than perfect pics.

The first one shown is an unmarked example, but careful study of the die characteristics and the pin, hinge and hook used identify it as being one of their products.

I cannot capture this with a pic, but this cross has been inscribed on the reverse, using a needle, the initials and date by the original owner: "RWC 1944"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1st Class 1939 by Paul Meybauer, Berlin.   Eisernes Kreuz 1st Class 1939 by Paul Meybauer, Berlin.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1st Class 1939 by Paul Meybauer, Berlin.
    P
    Many

Default re: Eisernes Kreuz 1st Class 1939 by Paul Meybauer, Berlin.

Here we have another one from my collection. This time the cross is maker marked to Meybauer, using their "L number" of L/13.

This Cross is a private purchase example which features the optional screw back fitting. Some men prefered this form of fitment seeing it as more secure and less likely to snag open than the pin back award peice.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1st Class 1939 by Paul Meybauer, Berlin.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Eisernes Kreuz 1st Class 1939 by Paul Meybauer, Berlin. 

Finally both crosses seen together.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1st Class 1939 by Paul Meybauer, Berlin.  

YoZh
    ?

hi!
    nice EK!
    I have one mm L/13, but not how Yours.
    Regards,
    OLzhas

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 1st Class 1939 by Paul Meybauer, Berlin.

I've found this unmarked one.
    Is this a Paul Meybauer - Berlin, EK-I ????
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1st Class 1939 by Paul Meybauer, Berlin.   Eisernes Kreuz 1st Class 1939 by Paul Meybauer, Berlin.  

Looks like one to me.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Yes, definitely. Meybauer used some very distinctive pins on his awards and the cores are quite unique too.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

They are nice examples Ade

How many EK1s do you have ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Nick, only the three. The other one, shown in the forum somewhere, is a Third Reich made private purchase replacement 1914 Imperial screwback example.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hello Adrian
    I like your pinback, common stuff but I have in collection too because I love this early design.
    But I see something strange on the screwback m.m. L/13, I explain my thought better :
    seems one piece made (is there a little distance between frame and core?), I don't like its black paint, there is a great difference in dimensions between
    the pinback and screwback and last the L/13 stamp doesn't seem correct to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast