Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse.

Article about: This is the screwback type. I've had it for many years but always had my doubts as to whether it was genuine or not. any comments would be greatfully received TIA

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse.

This is the screwback type. I've had it for many years but always had my doubts as to whether it was genuine or not.

any comments would be greatfully received

TIA

Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse.Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse.Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse.Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse.Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse.
    Last edited by Adrian; 10-05-2010 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Iron Cross First Class

Hi Jo,
    Unfortunately this is a fake. It's made by Floch, a well known manufacturer of fake awards.
    His EKs are very characteristic and easy to spot once you know what to look for, the date is very distinctive and a giveaway as to the maker of this cross.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse.

bummer to hear another guy got floch, medal. I bought a floch before, it crummy feeling.

AdainC do you recommend any books on EK's?
    I would like to get it if you do.

?

Quote by Franz1944 View Post
    bummer to hear another guy got floch, medal. I bought a floch before, it crummy feeling.

AdainC do you recommend any books on EK's?
    I would like to get it if you do.
    We all get caught out from time to time so no shame in that.

I can recommend the Iron Time (2nd edition) by Stephen Previtera, The Iron Cross of 1939 by Gordon Williamson and from the feedback I've read, The Iron Cross 1st Class by Dietrich Maerz and George Stimson.
    All reference books are a good investment but bear in mind, fakes do unwittingly crop up in books and the latest fakes hit the market faster than books are written. Keeping up to date on forums such as this is the best way to stay one step ahead of the game as fake items are often revealed quickly and discussed in depth before the next book appears.
    Alot of collectors get hung up trying to study fakes instead of learning about original medals. Try to study original examples and learn those, their characteristics, then you'll be able to spot the dodgy ones with more ease.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for comment

I would agree with Adrian that forums are the best source of learning as they are current and discussions between knowledgable members are invaluable

Bad luck on the Floch TIA

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    I would agree with Adrian that forums are the best source of learning as they are current and discussions between knowledgable members are invaluable

Bad luck on the Floch TIA

Nick
    Ah well, you win some you lose some.

My husband always had his doubts.

Got a few other things he's not sure about either so will post them later too

I just love this site

Hi Jo, this copy fools many many people. All of Johannes Floch's copies are good quality. I speak from bitter experience too. These came out in the late 1970's/early 1980's.

Cheers, Ade.