Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Article about: Adrian, Thanks for adding the photos to the thread. Is the "incuse style" the first photo or the second photo? I wish my camera was working better but I will still try and take a p

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking about buying one or both of these crosses and wanted to show them on the forum first. The cross on the left is clearly marked 27 and the one on the right is a little harder to read but I'm pretty sure its marked 23. I'm fairly certain both crosses are authentic but I always feel better checking with you guys first when I have the opportunity. Also is ether maker more sought after then the other?

Thanks for the help!

Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Hi Kirby,
    There is nothing wrong with either cross, both are original. I don't think there is much to choose between the makers in terms of desirability but my personal preference would be for the '23' if I had to pick one or the other.
    It would be good to see some closer photos if possible, maker '23' has a die flaw which I can't quite see from the photos above.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for the info Adrian! Can you see the flaw in these pictures?

Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse  

?

I can't to be honest. Can you post a pic of the makers mark? Maker '23' used a stamp to mark their crosses whereas this one is an incuse style. It could of course be a '123' - Beck Hassinger & Co.

Kirby, as Adrian says they are both good crosses, I would buy the pair if I was you !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Here is a maker marked '23' with the die flaw arrowed. Note also the difference in the makers mark stamp and the differences between the dates.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse  

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    I would buy the pair if I was you !
    Of course you'd recommend that Nick!

After taking a closer look under my microscope I can clearly make out "123". Thanks for the help guys... I bought both crosses!

Kirby

?

That's a good buy. This type of makers mark in the incuse style is a harder type to find. Most '123' EK2s are marked with a straight forward stamp. It took me ages to find an incuse stamped cross.
    Here are the two types:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse  
    Attached Images Attached Images Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse 

?

Both nice original crosses.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast