Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Article about: Hello, i am new here and i would like to ask information on an EK2 i purchased. See photo's The EK 2 is a three piece brass version. You can still see some of the silver on it. I bought it v

Hope you can get your money back and get an original.

Steve

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    P
    Many

Regardless, it's a one-looker Fake, friend...I recommend browsing the Forum and familiarizing yourself with the Basic Characteristics of Original Iron Crosses...That's all I can add to this Thread.
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Regardless, it's a one-looker Fake, friend...I recommend browsing the Forum and familiarizing yourself with the Basic Characteristics of Original Iron Crosses...That's all I can add to this Thread.
    cheers, Glenn
    Hi Guys, i cant give it back i bought it a couple of years ago. But i intend to keep it. On another forum someone asked if he could buy it.
    I said its not for sale. Thank you all for the information. I intend to look further. I believe there is a person in Cuxhaven that works in a U boot museum and maybe i will try to contact that person. Greetz

Unfortunately, that won't make it an original either, Benjamin...You've heard from some of the best in the hobby...I've been doing this for 40 years myself, and know a bad cross when I see one...Sorry you didn't receive the answer you wanted to hear, but fishing around until someone tells you what you want to hear is not the way to go in this field of collecting...It's happened to all of us at some point in our collecting, but we're happy to help the beginning collector avoid such pitfalls...Good luck with it, friend...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse  
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 09-19-2015 at 09:04 PM.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Unfortunately, that won't make it an original either, Benjamin...You've heard from some of the best in the hobby...I've been doing this for 40 years myself, and know a bad cross when I see one...Sorry you didn't receive the answer you wanted to hear, but fishing around until someone tells you what you want to hear is not the way to go in this field of collecting, friend...It's happened to all of us at some point in our collecting, but we're here to help the beginning collector avoid such pitfalls...Good luck with it, friend...
    cheers, Glenn
    Thank you Glenn. I have posted a EK 1 as well. I hope that one is not a fake.

The KM story has been around for a long time, fabricated by dealers to up the prices, but has no truth to it whatsoever. No such thing as a special KM cross......

Can I ask what forum gave you this information please?

Best regards,
    Nick

In the July 1942 issue of Uniformen Markt, LdO issued a specific order expressly forbidding the use of metals other than Iron for EKs...
    Quote: "In the case of the Iron Cross, it is particularly important, on historic and ethical grounds, that materials other than Iron for the Core-Inserts not be used..."
    cheers, Glenn

I agree with you Glenn, I never ever buy anything prior consulting this Forum s opinion. Not only it saves me money, but also allows me to continuosly learning from great collectors about this hobby. I also bought once a fake Fallschirmjager Badge, and learnt from that day that you buy the item and not a story

Hi Nick, it was on Facebook "Militaria te koop in belgie /nederland". A group that sells militaria. Everyone can sell military stuff or ask information there.

Quote by Nick Hessens View Post
    The KM story has been around for a long time, fabricated by dealers to up the prices, but has no truth to it whatsoever. No such thing as a special KM cross......

Can I ask what forum gave you this information please?

Best regards,
    Nick

Quote by jamoros View Post
    I agree with you Glenn, I never ever buy anything prior consulting this Forum s opinion. Not only it saves me money, but also allows me to continuosly learning from great collectors about this hobby. I also bought once a fake Fallschirmjager Badge, and learnt from that day that you buy the item and not a story
    War Relics Forum is the Best Militaria Resource on the International Web...Top Knowledge, Administration, Mutual Respect & More...

cheers, Glenn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast